Menu
SaraHawkins
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Samsung S2 not registering on Virgin

Hi,  I'm really frustrated!!! Having bought my son a secondhand Samsung S2 (unlocked) last year, I bought a Virgin sim card on their rolling £5 essentials package.  He has used it for a year or so.  The charging port went and I look it to an official Samsung repair shop and they changed the port. Last week however, we noticed that his phone wasn't registering on the virgin network.  I took it back to the shop thinking it was a software problem with the phone and they managed to connect it immediately, however, when we bought it home, it lost connection again. I phoned Virgin and they suggested that they send us a new sim card which I registered with Virgin over the phone (as the phone wasn't able to connect with Virgin) - incidentally, Virgin appears on the phone but the message reads 'unable to register with Virgin'. The new sim card has been in the phone for 24 hours and it still won't connect with the virgin network. My dad has this same ongoing problem with Virgin as we speak. I feel it only fair that Virgin give us a proper explanation as to what the problem is.  Otherwise I'm leaving!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung S2 not registering on Virgin

Hi SaraHawkins,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm terribly sorry the Samsung Galaxy S2 isn't registering on our network.

So I understand your problem fully, can you please answer the following:-

Can you make and receive calls?

Can you send and receive texts?

Do you have any signal showing?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
SaraHawkins
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

We went out on the motorway and came across a huge mobile phone mast.  The phone managed to connect to Virgin and the phone received a few text msgs however as we drove past, the phone disconnected again even though when I tried to connect to network, all other networks appeared. There are signal bars but they come and go and I haven't given them too much attention.

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I cant speak for the other phone but for the S2 the fact it worked up untill the repair makes me think the antenna either wasnt reconnected or was left loose and has since detached through normal everyday movement of the phone.

take it back to the repair centre

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi SaraHawkins,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

It does sound very strange how it was working fine before the repair but I certainly don't want to go blaming anyone here.

A change of SIM card hasn't worked so we can eliminate that as the cause of the problem.

Does your Dad live nearby? I'm thinking there may be a local mast issue in your area but can't say for definite.

I'd definitely give our team another call on 789 from a Virgin Mobile handset or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. They'll be able to check for you.

Please let me know how you get.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos