Menu
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Samsung J3

I am still having trouble with this handset. Icons disappear from the main screens, apps move from SD card back to the phone, wi-fi  and bluetooth turns itself off. Recently, after the wi-fi turned itself off and I hadn't realised, I used up all my data allowance in two weeks, leaving me without data for the rest of the month! I've had this handset since August, is it too late to have it exchanged for one that actually does what you want it to?!?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung J3

Hey Paperboy, 

I’m sorry you are still facing this issue, I have responded to the previous post Just click {here} to view this. 

If you need any help with the info I have provided please come back to me and we can work through the issue together.

Thanks 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kelly,

have done a soft and hard reset, but still having problems!

0 Kudos
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kelly, I'm getting to the end of my tether with this phone!

I've done hard and soft resets, I've stopped using my preferred Easy Mode, but still app icons disappear, apps move from the SD disc back to the phone and the wi-fi turns itself off so I use up all my data allowance.

Is this just a bad phone or is it faulty?

I went to use Amazon music today and the app was totally missing from all screens and only reappeared in the "other apps" screen once I restarted the phone!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hey Paperboy, 

Sorry to hear that, I understand how frustrating that is! Everything your describing is typical of a software fault with the handset itself, have you tried a factory reset yet? when that happened to me I did a complete reset and then once my phone was back up and running I used the phone to store apps and my SD card to store the media data and since then it seemed to work. A reset should also sort out the issue with the Wi-Fi dropping out, again this is something that can happen when the software has decided that it doesn’t want to play nice anymore.

Let me know if you want me to check out the mobile data on your account and ill private message you to grab some account info Smiley Happy

Chat to you soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kelly, yes I've done a factory reset, too

0 Kudos
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I'm doing a second one now . . . just in case!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Fab! Let me know how it goes, and again if you need help with the account side of things just drop me a message.

Kelly 

0 Kudos
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Did another factory reset, put in ALL my details and set up all the accounts again. Next day, half the app icons were missing again!

Sort of had enough now, can I not just have a new handset?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hey Paperboy, 

If you are not within the 14 day grace period I can’t swap the handset out for you, however I can get it booked in? 

If the repairs centre states that it’s a hardware fault they will arrange to swap this over. 

If you would like me to book this in for you, please let me know and I’ll get some information from you and we can get it booked in. or alternatively you can book it in yourself, if you log into your online account and select phone help you can book it in from there. 

Chat soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos