Menu
Foxjm
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Samsung J3 WiFi connection issue

After breaking my mobile phone I contacted virgin to find out what I could do.  I was advised that I was close enough to the end of my 2 year contract that I could pick another phone.  I chose the Samsung J3 and received it the next day.  When setting it up I noticed that I couldn't connect to my virgin router WiFi. I contacted virgins technical team and they confirmed that there was a known problem with the j3 connecting to virgin Wi-Fi and the best option was to pick another phone. This is my main issue - why would virgin send me a mobile that is known to have problems connecting to their own Wi-Fi?

The gentleman then advised that I had to return the j3 in an envelope they would provide. Once they had received and checked the phone they would send my new phone, potentially taking up to 7 days.  This is my second issue - virgin have sent me a phone with a known fault and then expect me to be without a mobile that I use for work, travel etc for 7 days?

I contacted virgin Fri 19th 5pm to ask as I was a long-standing customer (15 plus years) could they possibly help me out by sending me a working phone and once I had transferred everything off the faulty j3 I would return it to them. 20 minutes into the call, with me getting nowhere and being dealt with in a robotic fashion, the member of staff started laughing uncontrollably. After the 3rd time of him putting me on hold to continue laughing I angrily told him to call me back at a time more suitable to him. He said he would call back right away.

One and a half hours later no one called so I phoned back and asked to speak to a manager. After explaining everything she said she would see what could be done and someone would call the following day (Saturday) after 12 noon.

Monday 22nd 10.15am I called again as no one had contacted me all weekend. After a long and frustrated call Sam advised she would get a supervisor to call me in 2 to 4 hours.

Monday 6pm, 7 and a half hours later, no call.  I then had another frustrated exchange with Alan having to explain the whole thing for the 3rd time, only to be dealt with again in a robotic, couldn't care less fashion. I was advised sending a phone first isn't their process and absolutely nothing could be done. Eventually he said he had other calls to deal with and had to go.

My only option it appears is now to move my media/broadband package to BT as I know the phone connects to it.

Appalling customer service Virgin, I am so angry about how I have been treated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung J3 WiFi connection issue

Hi Foxjm,

Thank you for taking the time to write into the Community, I'm so very sorry that this experience has left you feeling this way.

When your mobile breaks, it's never just a mobile, it's what comes along with it. the stress and worry of keeping in contact. I have been read and seen that there were instances where we should have called you back, please accept my apologies on this.

I would like to know if you have received the phone, as I'm unsure of the original date you rang in to report this?

The Samsung J3 may have some WiFi issues and whilst I'm not able to speak for the all the ins and outs of the Samsung J3, I would imagine it would work on many different broadband, while we work to resolve this and would be the reason we would send out a device.

I hope this is with you soon if not now and please take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Foxjm
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

My original call was Friday 12th August. I have heard nothing from Virgin and have not received a replacement phone.

I decided last week to give up on ever resolving the mobile issue.  I know the j3 successfully connects to BTs WiFi so I contacted virgin to cancel my broadband/TV/landline package and have now signed up with BT.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Foxjm,

Thank you for your reply, I'm sorry to read that the services are no longer going to be active in the home. I would really like to help and would just need some information so I can look into your account and get to the bottom of this.

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos