Menu
chrisjonesey
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Samsung Galaxy S6 download problem

Has anyone had trouble downloading photos etc in facebook. All of a sudden, when trying to load a photo I get a message asking me to allow facebook to access my photos and file, when I say yes a message comes up, titled 'Screen overlay detection' and tells me I need to turn off screen overlay from settings - Apps.  Cannot find screen overlay, can anybody help?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 download problem

Hi chrisjonesey,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. Sorry to hear that you're having a problem with your Samsung S6 getting a screen overlay detection error. Has this been resolved for you?

This can be caused by certain apps. Reading up on this online, it looks like the Twilight app can cause this to happen--are you using this app? If so, just switch the app off when you need to download photos, and then turn it back on when you're done.

If you don't have the Twilight app, one way to find out which app is causing this is to go through your app list and disable each one then test to see if you are still getting the error.

Alternatively, get in touch direct with Samsung here:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team 

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi chrisjonesey,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. Sorry to hear that you're having a problem with your Samsung S6 getting a screen overlay detection error. Has this been resolved for you?

This can be caused by certain apps. Reading up on this online, it looks like the Twilight app can cause this to happen--are you using this app? If so, just switch the app off when you need to download photos, and then turn it back on when you're done.

If you don't have the Twilight app, one way to find out which app is causing this is to go through your app list and disable each one then test to see if you are still getting the error.

Alternatively, get in touch direct with Samsung here:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team 

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

chrisjonesey
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much Terrington,  the problem seems to have been sorted. Fiddled around quite a bit so still not sure what the cause was. I do not have the twilight app so was not that. Thank you for replying.

Chris x

0 Kudos