Menu
hojjit
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Samsung Galaxy S5 Update

Hello,

As more and more Galaxy S5's are being updated to Android 6 Marshmallow and as Android 7 is soon to come out is there any chance of the S5 getting an update anytime soon as mine is still on 5.0 which given the various android security updates etc. over the last year could be a cause for concern?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Update

Sadly Virgin are very slow at updating android and many phones never get the latest update, I've not seen anywhere that you model will get this. Have you?

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

J0hn wrote:

Sadly Virgin are very slow at updating android and many phones never get the latest update, I've not seen anywhere that you model will get this. Have you?

Taken from 'techradar' site

The Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note Edge andGalaxy Note 4 now have the update in most regions and both the Galaxy S7 andGalaxy S7 Edge launched with Marshmallow pre-installed.

But, as JOhn said, VM are ALWAYS the last operator to update, and probably this will happen just before 'nougat' appears. VM are not just slow, they are basically snail paced regarding anything that might just make life easier for customers!!

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It seems that a couple of dats ago it was released go Virgin!!! Check in the settings, about phone option, save all your stuff first it may format the phone

0 Kudos