Menu
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Samsung Galaxy J3 icons

Still having teething troubles with my new phone. I've checked the manual and it says app icons can be moved by touching and holding and then dragging into position. Mine refuse to the that. Am I missing a trick somewhere?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) MichaelGr
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Samsung Galaxy J3 icons

Hi, you may be in the format called 'easy mode' this may restrict the customisation of your home screen functions. Are you able to go into settings on your phone and look for the option 'easy mode' and check if it is turned on or off at the moment. If it is set to on this may be why you can not customise it. I'll try and keep and eye on this thread to assist you if it isn't this causing your problems.

Thanks

Mike

I work for Virgin Media Mobile however my posts are my own opinions and Virgin cannot be held responsible.

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) MichaelGr
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, you may be in the format called 'easy mode' this may restrict the customisation of your home screen functions. Are you able to go into settings on your phone and look for the option 'easy mode' and check if it is turned on or off at the moment. If it is set to on this may be why you can not customise it. I'll try and keep and eye on this thread to assist you if it isn't this causing your problems.

Thanks

Mike

I work for Virgin Media Mobile however my posts are my own opinions and Virgin cannot be held responsible.
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paperboy,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message again, it's good to see you back here.

MichaelGr has some sound advice here and we'd love to know how you got on, whether this was useful to you?

If you need any additional support please let me know here and come back soon Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, you are right, the thing is, if you want the Easy Mode display you can't organise your icons, which seems silly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paperboy Smiley Happy

Thanks for the reply, the Easy mode is to limit what you can change and is more for visual enhancement IMHO.

Do you need to have this mode enabled?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Paperboy
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I like the Easy Mode as I use a limited amount of apps - and my eyesight isn't what it used to be, but it would have been nice to have been able to rearrange what apps I have.

0 Kudos