Menu
Jennis
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Samsung Galaxy Core

Not very nice people told me Im stuck with this phone for the 2 year contract and more or less blamed me for no knowing it does not notify you of new voice mails. I am taking a complaint but wonder why VM are being so callus. None of the staff realised the problem with this phone for three days. They tried and tried to fix it until they phoned samsung and found out. Seems though it must breach section 9 and 10 of the CR act 2015 as it is not fit for purpose, and I was not informed that this phone, unlike all the other supplied over the years, would not notify me of a Voice Mail.

Virgin said surly you noticed people calling (my fault) and why did you not check (my fault). I am 65, but not stupid! Why would I check? 

They said if someone calls you could check after? What if they call, while I am making a call. And the signal is low so what if the phone is out of signal? Must I check every time I talk on the phone in case someone rang? Ludicrous. VM has gone down in my estimation. Been a customer for years and years

Anyone else get this resolved?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy Core

Hi Jennis

Sorry to hear that you have had a few issues but hopefully I can clarify a few points for you.

Any upgrade that is done or new agreement with a handset with Virgin entitles you to a 14 day customer satisfaction guarantee whereby you can return the handset if its not down to your liking, style or doesn't meet your needs.

If the phone is faulty then you have the option of sending this in for repair to which a Samsung certified engineer would have a look at the fault for you and have this repaired. Some phones would have limitations to which the displaying of the voicemail . I wasn't aware that the voicemail icon wouldn't appear though on this handset

you can activate "call waiting" which would notify you of an incoming call whilst you are speaking to some one else.

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Jennis
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have had the phone well over the 14 day period. The law changed in October 2015 which means I have 6 months to expect a repair or a new phines. However, there is no fix. Samsung are aware their phones do not notify you of a new voice mail

call waiting costs more money. Even so, why should I keep checking. I've been a customer for many years. Someone should have pointed out the failing. It is not fit for purpose in that way, and in my opinion, it breaches section 9 and 10 of the consumer act.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Jennis Smiley Happy

I completely understand your frustration with the phone. We want to come to a resolution that pleases everyone.

Please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll do all we can to make sure this is sorted for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jennis,

Did you manage to give us a call regarding this? Please let me know if there's anything at all you need from me Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Jennis
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had previously called 3 times. It took them three days to work out that it was the phone. Eventually went to cancellations team where I felt I insulted by the girl I spoke to. She said you have had the iPhone for five months and didn't check. Whereas I hadn't had it five months. But have had it almost 3. I told her I saw calls but thought no one was leaving me a message. I don't get that many calls. It was only when someone asked me why I had not got back to them I discovered it. She was retry awful and then she put me on to her manager. He was equally awful. No way would I get a different phone, or could I change my contract.

when I said I will take a conplaint, he said you can but you won't get anywhere with it.  He was going on about the 14 days, but admitted he did not know that about the phone? And yet I was expected to?

Anyway I opted to take a complaint. It's not as though I want the hassle of it, but I am not willing to have this phone for the next .year and nine months without alerts. I used to have all the VM package for years and years, TiVo, Internet, phone and mobile. I only stopped because they do not supply my current address. I became a customer from nth, so many years and about  15 as a. Oblige customer, if not more. My name was different two years ago, but even so, my account is very old. Very disappointed jnVM. It used to be so caring and helpful. That manager was almost trying to bully me not to complain, saying I'd get nowhere. How discussing is that? All I have left to do, is the complaint. Thanks for your reply's though

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Jennis Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you felt the need to complain. We don't like to see our customers so upset.

Please keep me updated with your status of the complaint. I want to see a resolution that we're all happy with.

I'm here if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos