Menu
marty7
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 pricing

I am seriously considering my next phone from VM to be this new Samsung. However Virgin Media are pricing this phone at £456, cost or with 0% finance. This seems to be much higher than the real price, direct from Samsung or elsewhere, of £369. Although the A7 is not released for the UK the higher price quoted seems to be the world price for the bigger phone. Have VM made an error in pricing, or is this higher mark up now standard practice. It seems a bit unfair and will encourage people to move elsewhere for better deals.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 pricing

Noticed a few of their 'interest free; phones are more expensive than elsewhere.

For the past 10 years I've bought my phones outright and used SIM only. Saved quite a bit in the process.

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Noticed a few of their 'interest free; phones are more expensive than elsewhere.

For the past 10 years I've bought my phones outright and used SIM only. Saved quite a bit in the process.

marty7
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks enlli, I had been coming round to that opinion myself. If Virgin Media quoted the original, and true , selling price it would seem a fairer way of doing business. We all know that once an Android phone has been on the market for a few months the price drops, often quite considerably, so no doubt the terms of rent/buy change anyway. I can live with that but I don't like to feel ripped off at the outset.
0 Kudos