Menu
Nasturtium
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Samsung Galaxy 6 and free tablet

I ordered two Samsung Galaxy S6s for son and husband this weekend. Used "Help me choose" function which came up with the Samsung Galaxy S6, with free tablet. Seemed a good deal so tried to order 2 of them: couldn't do 2 at once so ordered one on Sunday online, and tried to order second on Monday. Wouldn't let me as got caught in loop were it insisted I wanted to change the number so phoned up to order. When I explained which one I wanted to order - the Samsung Galaxy S6 with tablet - I was told it didn't come with a tablet, that was an old offer. I made the sales assistant go through the "Help me choose" herself, with the same result. I put it to her that I was buying the goods as advertised on the website. After ordering second, was put through to Customer services to complain. After a total of 1 hr 3 mins and 26 secs and no progress whatsoever, was promised a phone call back by manager in 1 hr. That was at 19.19pm. At  21.32 I phoned again as missing two of the three emails required to complete order. After dealing with that asked to be put back to Customer services to pursue return call. I had taken the original call log no so they could see previous details, but other than repeating that it was noted that the manager would call me back and they were open to midnight (!!) wanted to just go through the whole thing again. Insisted on getting address to which I could write and complain. In total, another 27 minutes of my life wasted. Still no return call. First phone has arrived sans tablet. I took a screen print of the result of the search. I have been a Virgin customer for a great many years for phone, tv and broadband. Totally disgusted. Will be making written complaint.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy 6 and free tablet

It's no help, your not the first person to try to buy a phone with free tablet. The offer expired at the end of July. I expect it was due to running out of free tablet. Don't expect to get a tablet. If it's a deal breaker, consider returning it within the two weeks.

0 Kudos
Nasturtium
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

They clearly haven't read their own Complaints policy.

"If you’re unhappy with our service, please let us know as soon as you can. We’ll do our best to put things right, so you can carry on enjoying your services again. We’ll also use your feedback to improve our service where we can.

We are fully committed to addressing all complaints, fully and fairly, and in a reasonable time frame. If you have a complaint, you can find out how to take it forward by reading our Complaints Code of Practice which is available on our website"

0 Kudos
Nasturtium
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Nasturtium wrote:

They clearly haven't read their own Complaints policy.

"If you’re unhappy with our service, please let us know as soon as you can. We’ll do our best to put things right, so you can carry on enjoying your services again. We’ll also use your feedback to improve our service where we can.

We are fully committed to addressing all complaints, fully and fairly, and in a reasonable time frame. If you have a complaint, you can find out how to take it forward by reading our Complaints Code of Practice which is available on our website"

Update

Decided to persevere with the complaint by telephone since it is stated as the preferred option. It has been an interesting experience if not good for my blood pressure!

• Manager will phone you back in an hour - 2 1/2 hours later "manager works until midnight" - no return call
  • A few days later - why no call back? Well, not marked as a "complaint", let me do that for you, form filled in and sent off
  • A few days later - chasing up number transfer which takes way more than 24 hours - well this is just the escalation team, no managers available to speak to, needs referred to team in Swindon but UK bank holiday weekend. Asked for reply by email by 6 pm today.
  • Surprise, surprise no response. "What makes you think it was lodged as a complaint?" (Okay, blood pressure rising). Request to speak to manager ignored in favour of rehashing previous discussions. Told I hadn't sent in screen print - pointed out they had been unable to tell me how to. Whilst waiting for him to look this up (there is no way) looked up Offcom website.
  • Asked on his return for which ADR scheme Virgin belongs to - another hanging on
  • By time came back had already looked it up and also read about deadlock letter, asked for one and advised would be lodging complaint to Offcom - when asked for one to be issued, told he would need to refer it to his manager (the one he didn't put me through to earlier)
  • Manager advised he had to put it through to Operations Manager  - would phone me back tomorrow.
  • Await call at 7.30 pm Thu 1 Sept without any real hope of a response.

(I find it bizarre that there is no way to make a complaint by email or form.  And here is a copy of the advert from their website at 15th August

• Have advised that would be raising complaint to Offcom

2016-08-15 (1).png

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

All good stuff you posted there. Whilst I don't disagree with the info, if you did not ask for that offer at the time you would need to be able to demonstrate that Virgin failed you. The simple view is that you received what you asked for no more or less and has a time to return it if you were unhappy.

I can't see anyway you will be happy with the outcome of this sadly.

I don't work for or represent Virgin in any way, but I'm looking at this from a legal standpoint.

0 Kudos
Nasturtium
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

But I did not receive what I asked for, that is the point!
0 Kudos
Nasturtium
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Here I am, over a month later, still awaiting those promised calls from managers/senior managers or the elusive deadlock letters. The dates by which I should receive them change regularly. Requests to speak to managers result either in broken promises, being put through to another queue where after a wait my call is "dropped" , or being put through to completely different section and country.

Does the Complaints team in Swansea actually exist? If so, have my complaints actually reached them or are the Complaint references I have been given completely bogus?

Is Virgins Complaint procedure a work of fiction? Seems so.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Sad to read that it's still ongoing and unresolved, without a deadlock letter your stuffed. Try writing into the Cardiff address. They will not keep to their own time line of acknowledging within 48 hours of receipt and resolution within 28 days. If you do this then you must send it registered or recorded delivery, as if and when it's lost the time line is not extended.

You could also try a google for the CEO, Engadget email him, he won't answer but his staff might, full details including if you have it date and time of each and every call ( if you used the mobile this info will be on the billing including call duration.

To be honest I'd not normally give this detail, but you seem determined to push this to a conclusion.
Nasturtium
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. Damn right I will keep going, point of principle now. Ignoring complaints in the hope they will go away only makes the complaint worse. Lack so a deadlock letter just delays not stops the process as if after a certain time limit I don't get a deadlock letter then I can still go to ADR anyway. And nothing stopping me reporting them to Offcom. 

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Notice here, AGAIN, well over a MONTH, and AGAIN NOTHING from the 'team' that are supposed to deal with this...

Supposed 'staff' seem to take far too long, if at all to reply to posted questions...

Are the 'staff' deliberately now ignoring 'customers' because they already know they have already 'secured' their payments and therefore can afford to ignore people??

I have noticed a tendency to just 'ignore' posts on this site, and, replies (if you are lucky to get anything at all) take at least 2 weeks or even more!! (maybe they are now allowed to 'pick and choose' whether they want to answer or not??

Trading standards maybe, or the Citizens advice people??

(don't waste your time trying to contact the CEO Tom Mockeridge, (because his surname is what they take you for) as you won't get a reply either!!)

PS...the 'callback' is just VM's way of 'dumping you'. They NEVER EVER call back, they don't intend to, they just use that as a way of getting you off the line!!!