Menu
trowelhand
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Samsung 4 mini blue screen

Not content with removing my online account VM, I get a call this evening from yourselves relating to my wife's Samsung 4 mini which I sent back to you on March 27th ( blue screen of death), it came back from your tech boys stating that they had wiped it and installed new software ( all documented by your selves and sent with phone to me) within 3 weeks the phone developed  the same fault, once again off the phone goes to the tech boys but this time within 3 days I get a call stating " If I wish to pay £96 I can have the phone fixed" why is that I ask " Because sir you ROOTED IT"  (WHAT EVER THAT MEANS) I asked what does that mean "Sir its when someone puts software on phone"  Like your tech boys did back in March I replied ...... a deadly silence was heard eventually  the reply came " that's cause you ROOTED it then as well"

I am not a phone tech so I wouldn't know how or what Rooting is apart from plants, it is well documented that Samsung 4 mini has developed this fault so why do you insist to blame me or my wife of ROOTING the phone, the only button pressing we may of done has been under the instructions of your operators to press two buttons at once, which did nothing. So VM please contact me concerning this issue, I have no intention of paying the £96 for a faulty phone which is "Not fit for purpose"    

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Samsung 4 mini blue screen

Rooting is commely done to phones especially when changing/upgrading firmware.

from the sounds of it id agree it sounds as if theyve put the wrong firmware on your phone and ballsed it up.

not sure what to suggest entirely just stick to your guns and make sure they accept what theyve done.

if possible ask them to confirm what firmware they put onto your phone last time and what software was used might give you some info
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Rooting basicly gives you access to things you normally cant access.

can delete apps that come preinstalled on phones and a few other bits ive never used it myself but know a few that have.

I repair tablets for a living and they run on the same principle as phones an some of the software I use will auto root a tablet whilst fixing it.

no idea about virgin or samsungs but its always possible they do something simliar, or its pssible they just had an engineer do it by mistake or ballsed up.

I really wish i could help more as i feel for you, when its your word vs theres there just a brick wall not even willing to consider maybe they messed up.

stick to your guns all you can do

All Replies
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Rooting is commely done to phones especially when changing/upgrading firmware.

from the sounds of it id agree it sounds as if theyve put the wrong firmware on your phone and ballsed it up.

not sure what to suggest entirely just stick to your guns and make sure they accept what theyve done.

if possible ask them to confirm what firmware they put onto your phone last time and what software was used might give you some info
trowelhand
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for info, my wife was informed today from the Tech team again that she had "Rooted her phone" and basically called a liar when she stated she did not, the techo asked if the phone had been used by any one else besides her and what had loaded anything to it, she replied that she was instructed press and hold the volume button up, home key and left button which resulted in the phone rebooting then turning blue, the techo replied that could be the problem but the decision will go to the resolution team who will talk to the head engineer at repair centre and get back to her within 24 hrs, again I suspect to call her a liar and state that my wife is a techo wizard, funny when my wife asked why she would want to root her own fone, the reply was so that you can get into the system of it, what ever that does ??

Again thank you for info and while we speak I'm  in the process of twitting to  my followers, VM and the world of the awful service that my wife is receiving, and informing all that VM have not responded to my post  

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Rooting basicly gives you access to things you normally cant access.

can delete apps that come preinstalled on phones and a few other bits ive never used it myself but know a few that have.

I repair tablets for a living and they run on the same principle as phones an some of the software I use will auto root a tablet whilst fixing it.

no idea about virgin or samsungs but its always possible they do something simliar, or its pssible they just had an engineer do it by mistake or ballsed up.

I really wish i could help more as i feel for you, when its your word vs theres there just a brick wall not even willing to consider maybe they messed up.

stick to your guns all you can do

trowelhand
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, Yes she will stick to her guns basically cause she's telling the truth and I agree some one at VM has ballsed it up and won't admit it that they are incompetent and try and get wife to foot bill, I just wish that everyone views these post and see how VM are behaving, funny the only replies  I get are from the community and not from VM

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

sad thing is there forum staff do see alot of it, but they have scripts to follow. ive tried to call them up on the fact there responses half the time obviously show they didnt even read the message

still im curious at them fixing it by doing new software

do you know if the phone can access the recovery screen? if so and all there doing is flashing new software itd be simple enough to do that yourself.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trowelhand,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with the Samsung handset. I want to get this all sorted.

So we can do this, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
trowelhand
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry they have the fone and will only return it fixed if we pay £96 was the last statement but the decision has gone to the resolution team, what ever that is, I fear they will close ranks and say it was not done by one of our tech teams

0 Kudos