Menu
cnrec
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SONY M4 AQUA TOUCHSCREEN NOT RESPONDING

Hello,

I have a SONY M4 AQUA on contract and found that if the phone restarts then once i get back to the unlock screen the touchscreen is not working and therefore i cannot use the phone. This has happened in the past and i managed to get it working but it appeared quite random in how this was resolved.

The phone has turned itself off today despite having sufficient power and once again i cannot get back into it.

I have done all recommended things for resetting it to no avail, finally I used the SONY phone companion as the manuals suggest to repair the software and this ran fine but on restart it has frozen at the select language screen due to the touchscreen still not working.

I will take it to the nearest virgin store later but if anyone has suggestions other than demand a replacement or different phone on this contract then it will be welcome. I know it can be sent for repair but i cant see what that will do since i have done everything possible.

regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SONY M4 AQUA TOUCHSCREEN NOT RESPONDING

Hi Cnrec,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your phone. It sounds like there may be an issue with the phone itself. If you're taking the phone to a store, they would suggest booking this in for repair.

I would usually suggest a factory reset but the M4 aqua needs to be functional to perform this.

Let me know if the phone is still frozen or if you need anything from me.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cnrec
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have resolved this myself now, typically right after i had arranged the repair.

So if anyone else has this problem on this phone do the following

1. connect to a laptop [didn't work on my work PC] with via SONY USB wire
  2. do a reset from turned on phone holding power and volume up [+] for about 10-15 seconds
  3. let phone restart and then you should find the touch screen is now responding

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear this is now sorted Cnrec Smiley Happy

Thanks for posting your fix tips as well!

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos