Menu
sal1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SMS being recieved from my number but I havent sent them

Can anyone help I have been with Virgin for 6 weeks and in that time I have on 4 occasions been advised by friends - different ones that I have sent a SMS requesting an authorisation code when I have sent no message at all. The first time Virgin advisor said just to delete them and gave no reason. Today hen it happened the advisor said she did not know why it happens and I should report it online I went to online chat and they told me to report it here??? can anyone help out at all I cannot find the report page and I really don't know what to do with regards to these SMS texts - the advisor checked and my account showed no message being sent but my friend has definitely received them

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SMS being recieved from my number but I havent sent them

If your phone says you haven't sent them, and your carrier says you haven't sent them, maybe (wait for it) you haven't sent them.

It's possible for a scammer to spoof any number.

0 Kudos
sal1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for repkying. Does this mean someone can see my contacts. It's happened four times in 6 weeks that three different friends of mine have received SMS text .'from my number. Sorry for being dense but what can I do about this.
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sal1

Some apps can have access to your contacts as part of the permission it set out

I would recommend scanning your phone for malware / virus's to check if any malicious apps are installed

You can download apps such as

AVG
Avira
Lookout ( I recommend )

also change your online account password just incase someone has access to that Smiley Happy
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos