Menu
clive6354
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SIMM CARD (Network area)

My wife and I upgraded our contracts and had new handsets (Samsing S7)

As we wished to keep our existing numbers we were sent new simm cards (nano) size to fit our new handsets.  When my wife activated her new sim card and de-activated her old card, she realised there was a problem in that she was not able to receive call or send and receive text messages.  if someone tries to call my wifes phone an engaged tone (or bleeping noise) is heard.

It appears that there is a network error and the error is affecting a number of new simm cards.  The tech team are aware of this problem and we have been informed that the problem could take up to five days to resolve.

My wife is not very happy

Is there any further information or updates on this problem

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIMM CARD (Network area)

It may be faster to call in on 789 using your phone, course the option indicating your phone has a problem, getting to the tech team should get you someone who understands the issue
0 Kudos
Jimmcg
Settling in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same issue since last Wednesday. I've called Virgin 3 times only to be told that their technical team is working on it and it'll be fixed as soon as possible...! 

The lack of information/update regards the problem is the most frustrating thing about it. 

J.

clive6354 wrote:

My wife and I upgraded our contracts and had new handsets (Samsing S7)

As we wished to keep our existing numbers we were sent new simm cards (nano) size to fit our new handsets.  When my wife activated her new sim card and de-activated her old card, she realised there was a problem in that she was not able to receive call or send and receive text messages.  if someone tries to call my wifes phone an engaged tone (or bleeping noise) is heard.

It appears that there is a network error and the error is affecting a number of new simm cards.  The tech team are aware of this problem and we have been informed that the problem could take up to five days to resolve.

My wife is not very happy

Is there any further information or updates on this problem

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Without getting through to tech support you won't get it reported correctly try the method I advised, all virgin agents are not equal some have better training and they normally work in tech support
0 Kudos
clive6354
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The problem as been resolved

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi clive6354

Sorry to hear about your issues with the new SIM card - I'm glad you've been able to get everything sorted now though.

Jimmcg, could you let me know if you've made any progress with your issue?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos