Menu
fangedwolf123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SIM purchase issues

Hi there,

I am having issues attempting to purchase a mobile SIM. 

I initially made the purchase on the 18th April, Order ID: 100000014044994 .  On the email notification of the order, it said:
Unfortunately there'll be a slight delay processing your order due to a technical glitch at our end. We'll be in touch in the next 24 hours to complete your order.

I waited, but nothing turned up, no one contacted me.  Then at the end of April, I called Virgin Mobile, because nothing had turned up.  By this time my current mobile credit (pay as you go) was running low.  I got through to a customer service guy called Pat, and he said that the order had never been fully put through because of some error on their system.  He cancelled that order and put in a new one.  He had to call me back since my phone ran out of credit.  Unfortunately the system for making orders went down, and he said he would call me to complete the order when the computers were up and running properly.  He did so, but when it came to the credit check, the system didn't like my address, since it has a flat and building number.  Pat had to check with his boss and said he would call me back when there was a solution. 

That was the end of last week, and no one has returned the call to complete the order.  I don't want to have to buy more credit for my current phone to make the call, because that would be the equivalent of a full month worth of credit on this SIM, and it really was the virgin staff that said they would get back to me.

I just really want my SIM soon please.  So if someone could look into the issue and get back to me, that would be great.

Note: different systems state my address differently.  some say 2 Flat 27, others say Flat 27, 2 while others put 2/27  maybe one of these will be able to instigate the credit check (which should be fine, since I got one done by virginmedia for my broadband not too long ago).

Thanks

Darren

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM purchase issues

dont think there will be much anyone from VM can do here - you will have to ring - and personal info etc will be deleted by a passing mod so address etc will not survive long

Tony
0 Kudos
fangedwolf123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was hoping a Moderator would nudge the sales team to get back to me.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

staff have no access to accounts - its really a tech help forum - you can wait - it can take them a few days to get to threads so that may not help

ring 789 and follow the thinking of leaving - they are good at sorting stuff out

Tony
fangedwolf123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I only have virgin broadband, not home phone, so if I call, I will have to buy credit for vodafone.. which I really don't want to do. Their service has been auful and I don't want to give them any more money.

I think I will wait for the moment and hope it gets passed on from here. Fingers crossed eh? Thanks for the heads-up adacom
0 Kudos
fangedwolf123
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to update here: I had to cave in and buy £5 credit on my current pay as you go mobile to call the sales team since virginmedia never got back to me, at all. Even so, it took them a full 36 minutes to get my order put through, at which point my phone credit was gone again. Thankfully I have received an email saying that the order went through fine. Frankly I feel there should be some manner of email or online option for those trying to purchase a mobile and are having issues doing so. That £5 was a full month worth of virginmedia contract on the SIM I was trying to purchase, and I got offered no reimbursement for their failure to get my order sorted for a month or for the money I had to pay in contacting them. Either way, the matter is resolved. Thanks to those who tried to help here.
0 Kudos