Menu
RichardBranson1
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

SIM only monthly price increase

Just received today a letter from Virgin Mobile (25/05/2016). Mobile bill going up by £3.00 from 1st July 2016. Present bill is £5.00 monthly thus the £3.00 increase is over 50%!!!. What ever happened to  RPI......!

Help. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Helpful Answers
mutt08
Superfast
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SIM only monthly price increase

What they also don't tell you in the letter is that if you have any discounts applied to your mobile account then these are being removed.

So from July 1st you will be paying the full package price plus an extra £3, also if you have unlimited data then this is being withdrawn & replaced with a new capped data amount.

0 Kudos

All Replies
mutt08
Superfast
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What they also don't tell you in the letter is that if you have any discounts applied to your mobile account then these are being removed.

So from July 1st you will be paying the full package price plus an extra £3, also if you have unlimited data then this is being withdrawn & replaced with a new capped data amount.

0 Kudos
GAT7
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, if this also happens to me, I'll be leaving - there are comparable/better £5 monthly rolling deals by other networks.

0 Kudos
RichardBranson1
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Do post on here if you've secured any better deals. Thanks.

0 Kudos
GAT7
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, was your most recent comment directed to me?

I'm not sure if we are allowed to publicly post deals by other networks, but I can probably do so via pm (private messaging). Is this ok?

0 Kudos
imogene
Up to speed
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If the data was being capped, or your discounts being removed, then they would have to tell you. I would question what the other poster is saying about the data cap and discount removal, unless you've heard something specific about it yourself.

0 Kudos
Baz8755
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I currently have the £20 service discounted down to £7 per month and have received the £3 increase letter.

I am somewhat concerned about the rumour on this thread that my discount will be being removed in addition to a £3 increase, thus costing £23 a month for a 3G service.

TBH a quick google reveals that you can get a 4G service with 4GB of data, 500 mins & 5,000 texts for £10.

Virgin really are making it very hard for me to justify staying with them.

Gordy1965
Rising star
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It better not be true about loosing unlimited data.......bad enough a 16% increase. Why is this inflation bursting increase happening........time to move on I think!
0 Kudos
mutt08
Superfast
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Spoke to customer service yesterday & was told my unlimited data is being cut to 2gb per month after the price increase. No more unlimited data I was informed.

0 Kudos
hcb
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I haven't been told my unlimited data is being removed although given by bill will have gone up by nearly 50% in the 2 years I have been with Virgin, and the fiasco I'm having with the travel pass and roaming, think I'll be looking to change anyway.
0 Kudos