Menu
SamB3711
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SIM not recognised

Hi,

I swapped my Virgin SIM with a Vodafone SIM to try and use my handset to access messages left on my old Vodafone number, not realising my handset was locked to Virgin.

Now when I put the original Virgin SIM back in, it is not recognised. Have tried all day to get help on Virgin chat but it is always busy and I have no signal to call the helpline!

Have already tried the Hard Reset from the help page twice to no avail.

Can anybody help?

Sam

0 Kudos
Radiator
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM not recognised

Up to speed
Enceladus1
Message 10 of 14 (62 Views)

Re: Virgin Sim no longer working in LG G4

As you have just discovered truly faulty SIM cards are very rare, dirty contacts or incorrect seating/positioning are much more likely.

Your Virgin SIM works in ANOther handset. An O2 SIM works in your LG. So likely your Virgin SIM is fine.

Hence I am wondering if the LG is set to 4G/LTE only. Virgin Mobile does not support 4G/LTE modes. Only 2.5G & 3G modes are supported. So look in the settings and see if you need to enable or switch on 3G. Switch off 4G/LTE or 4G/LTE preferred and then power off the handset and then power it on again and see what happens.

For Android Marshmallow this setting is found in Settings>Wireless & networks>More>Mobile networks>Preferred network type

0 Kudos
Radiator
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

sounds similar to an issue I've got on my LG G4, the above is from another forum user ( I didn't want to take credit for his knowledge)

I've not had a chance to try it yet as my phone is still with virgin *sigh*

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SamB3711,

Thank you for coming in and letting the Community know about the Sim card issue.

I am writing back to ask if you've been able to make some headway with the advice in the post from Radiator, (still a good eye for good advice), and have you been able to sort this?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos