Menu
PaulH2011
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SIM card not recognised

I have a mobile I keep for emergencies.  Every month I make a call from it to my main mobile but don't answer it, and vice-versa, thinking that would be enough to keep the account alive.

However this month I'm getting the above error message, and I can't log in to the account online getting:

"We’re sorry that you're unable to log in to Your Account at the moment."

Has this account been binned because I haven't actually spent any money for more than  a year?  Or is it something else?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SIM card not recognised

Hi PaulH2011,

it does sound like your SIM may have been disconnected from the network.

With the latest Pay As You Go tariffs (“Big Data & Texts” or “Big Talk”) you need to make a chargeable phone call or text message at least once each 180 days.
See clauses 3.7 and 7.2(g) of their
Terms & Conditions.

(As you didn't answer the call there will have been no charge).

If you’re on an older tariff such as “Original Pay As You Go", "Addict” or “Simply 8p”, the time is less, only 90 days.
See clause 3.8 of the
Old Terms & Conditions.

I would give customer services a call on 789 / 0345 6000 789 from your other phone to see if your number is still available.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi PaulH2011,

it does sound like your SIM may have been disconnected from the network.

With the latest Pay As You Go tariffs (“Big Data & Texts” or “Big Talk”) you need to make a chargeable phone call or text message at least once each 180 days.
See clauses 3.7 and 7.2(g) of their
Terms & Conditions.

(As you didn't answer the call there will have been no charge).

If you’re on an older tariff such as “Original Pay As You Go", "Addict” or “Simply 8p”, the time is less, only 90 days.
See clause 3.8 of the
Old Terms & Conditions.

I would give customer services a call on 789 / 0345 6000 789 from your other phone to see if your number is still available.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
PaulH2011
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  Number and credit gone.  They couldn't find a top-up back as far as 2009, so it was a helluva lot longer than 90 days without use.  In fact it is only relatively recently that I started making the non-chargeable use once per month, after reading about people in a similar situation finding themselves stranded when they needed to use the phone.  Before that it was many months or even a couple of years without anything except being recharged occasionally.  It makes me think that having detected the non-chargeable use once per month, they invoked the chargeable-use requirement.

0 Kudos