Menu
Geoff1947
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

SIM card delivery?

Yesterday  I ordered a new sim. I opted for the Royal Mail 3-5 day delivery so I was surprised to receive an email saying it would be delivered today Sunday 20th and would require a signature.

I know Royal Mail don't deliver Sunday and I would think a Sunday courier delivery would be expensive.

I went back to the virgin website and had a brief online chat with an advisor who advised me that it would be delivered Sunday, so I decided to stay at home to await and sign for the delivery.

Its just past 1pm now. No delivery yet, but went back online to my account and a message pops up saying that "we are just activating your new Sim"

Will the sim arrive today I wonder?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM card delivery?

I'd say, as an educated guess, based on experience and the fact that sims are not produced over the weekend, that the order will be scheduled on Monday produced and despatch on Tuesday arriving Thursday or Friday.

i ordered one last Tuesday it arrived on the Saturday post 

0 Kudos
Geoff1947
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As expected, it didn't arrive today, but I have received a secret no email saying its now on its way by Royal Mail.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

J0hn wrote:

I'd say, as an educated guess, based on experience and the fact that sims are not produced over the weekend, that the order will be scheduled on Monday produced and despatch on Tuesday arriving Thursday or Friday.

i ordered one last Tuesday it arrived on the Saturday post 

I ordered mine via offshore representative on early Friday morning 18th Nov, was told next day delivery, wasn't given any options or anything, but it appears to be Yodel who are going to deliver, not Royal Mail, any ideas why this would be as it is for Sim only.

By the way I am still waiting for it to arrive, pity it hadn't been sent by Royal Mail as the postman has just been. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi paperclip, 

Apologies in the delay you had receiving your new SIM. I can confirm that we have 2 ways of ordering you a SIM card.

We can use Royal Mail postage which can take up to 5 working days and we have the option to use Yodel which will allow us to deliver items next working day (depending on area and time of day the order is placed). 

I know you mentioned you would have liked it ordered Via Royal Mail but there is no guarantee it would have been with you on the saturday due to the 5 working days it can take. I imagine it was this reason you were ordered one via Yodel to try and get you the SIM as soon as possible.

Apologies if it did not arrive on the Saturday, SIM's that we order via Yodel are delivered next working day and can sometimes be delivered on Saturdays depending upon the area and if the SIM reaches the Yodel Depot in time. 

Hope this helps  

Mike 

0 Kudos
GRCam
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

For the benefit of anyone awaiting a SIM card from Virgin let me explain what I believe to be the Virgin system. Once you have signed up and are 'on the hook' you will quickly receive 2 emails, the first will summarise your order and tell you to expect your SIM within 24 hours, the second will tell you to expect your SIM within 5-7 working days and state the delivery address as almost your address but probably missing key information such as house number. Then after a couple of days you will receive your first bill by email even though you will not have received your SIM. DO NOT GET FRUSTRATED AND DO NOT PHONE CUSTOMER SERVICES AS NO-ONE CAN HELP YOU, THAT IS THE VIRGIN SYSTEM. Eventually after about 7 working days your SIM will drop through your letterbox and no signature will be required, simply put it in your phone and it should work. So, if you sign up with Virgin on the first of the month you will most likely receive your SIM on the 10th. I am new to Virgin Mobile but have been a customer of their landline, TV and broadband services for many years and understand the way they work. Technically they are a very good company but their customer services operations are based worldwide wherever they can find the cheapest labour. So if you have to contact their customer services they are simply looking at a screen and telling you information that you already know and they are unlikely to be able to help. Try not to get too annoyed as their technical buffs usually sort out problems fairly quickly once they know that there is a problem. It is unfortunate that their customer services staff have limited information. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
encoderX
Up to speed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

For continuity: my sim arrived today (Thursday) - nearly 2 weeks from order.
0 Kudos
SJT776
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Suppose to have had it by the 30th (A Sunday) it is now the 11th and still no SIM, this is beyond a joke now.

0 Kudos
encoderX
Up to speed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If not arrive today I'd be on phone politely asking for another by Yodel 1day delivery for Monday. Also while they're on the system they can also apply a week or 2 partial refund.
0 Kudos