Menu
Walter
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SIM SIZE

I have a Virgin standard size SIM on the simply 8 tariff, I am getting as new hand set which uses a Micro SIM.

Is it possible to get a Micro SIM with may same number on the simply 8 tariff?

Walter Worland

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM SIZE

Walter wrote:

I have a Virgin standard size SIM on the simply 8 tariff, I am getting as new hand set which uses a Micro SIM.

Walter Worland

Yes, you should be able to ring 789 from your current mobile, and follow the prompts to speak to an agent. (I did this a while ago for daughters phone)

Explain you want to change your current sim to a smaller sim, (don't ask for a 'new' sim, explain you are changing phones, and just need a replacement sim) they should be able to send you a new one of the correct size.

They will ask if you want it 'pre-activated' or 'activate it yourself'  pre activated will make your current sim 'dead' before you get the new one, (which will take a few days) the 'self activate' you continue using the one you have until the new one arrives, you THEN let VM know you are ready to change, (by texting them on your old sim)  and your old sim then becomes 'dead, and in a short while the new one becomes active (this took about an hour between both in my case) and away you go. This is probably better as you don't lose your phone use for a few days.

Hope this helps, and you are soon up and running your new phone!!   Smiley Happy

Walter
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HughJarsse wrote:

Walter wrote:

Walter Worland

Yes, you should be able to ring 789 from your current mobile, and follow the prompts to speak to an agent. (I did this a while ago for daughters phone)

Explain you want to change your current sim to a smaller sim, (don't ask for a 'new' sim, explain you are changing phones, and just need a replacement sim) they should be able to send you a new one of the correct size.

They will ask if you want it 'pre-activated' or 'activate it yourself'  pre activated will make your current sim 'dead' before you get the new one, (which will take a few days) the 'self activate' you continue using the one you have until the new one arrives, you THEN let VM know you are ready to change, (by texting them on your old sim)  and your old sim then becomes 'dead, and in a short while the new one becomes active (this took about an hour between both in my case) and away you go. This is probably better as you don't lose your phone use for a few days.

Hope this helps, and you are soon up and running your new phone!!   Smiley Happy

Thanks, I spoke to an agent and she will send a Miro SIM  card with my existing number and she said that I should copy all my contacts to the new SIM before I contact VM put it into my new hand set contact VM and they will activate the new SIM.

Walter

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad you got it sorted. As I said, when ready, you text the number they tell you from the old sim, and they reply, after a while, old sim deactivated, and new one becomes active a while after that. (keep both phones on, as they both need to connect to network to be activated & deactivated) 

All the best Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad to see this is sorted Walter Smiley Happy

If you need anything at all, feel free to post on the boards.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos