Menu
lightingtech94
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

SIM Only Voicemail not working

About 2 months ago I received my Virgin Sim Only contract SIM. I called 222 before porting my number from my old network to activate my voicemail and didn't have to do any of the steps/nor received confirmation that the voicemail had been setup, just that I had no new messages.

Now, two months on, after my friends pointing it out to me, when people call me and I miss it/decline, calls aren't diverted to voicemail. I have tried all of the tips with the dialier and redirect settings plus calling 789 many times, with them saying that my number hasn't finished being ported over, (yes two months later) and that I should wait for 24-36 hours for this to complete.

Quite frankly I'm annoyed that its been two months for a number to apparently to be 'ported over' from my old network, when the PAC code I provided only lasts for 30 days, and I shall be contacting the communications regulator, Ofcom, with an official complain about the poor services offered by your so called 'Company'.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: SIM Only Voicemail not working

Hi lightingtech94,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your voicemail isn't working.

Can you please check if voicemail is activated online? Log into your account here and follow these steps.

Online account > Plan and device > Manage services > Voicemail

If it's still not working then please call the team to get this looked at on 789 from a Virgin Mobile handset or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
lightingtech94
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've checked on my online account and it said that Voicemail was inactive. I then went into it and turned it on and was presented with ' We've made that change for you

Your voicemail should now be working' and a green tick. However this seemed to clear as soon as I went onto another page and it just goes back to inactive again. This is very misleading as for people who don't use their online accounts often wouldn't know that it had gone back to inactive.

Is there a chance of you getting this fixed, or even taking off the misleading message saying that voicemail has been activated when it actually hasn't. As this is breach of The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, which means you are breaking the law. I quote below from the GOV UK website:

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations mean you can’t mislead or harass consumers by, for example:

• including false or deceptive messages
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi lightingtech94,

Thanks for keeping me updated. I'm sorry that's not worked for you.

We don't have access to mobile accounts via the forums. So the best option would be to give the team a call again on 789 from the Virgin Mobile handset or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

They'd be best placed to advise what the problem is. They may need to raise the system issue with IT. They may also need to contact EE to find out why voicemail is not going live.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
lightingtech94
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Many thanks for your help. However, what is happening in regards to the misleading confirmation message. If this message continues to be shown, rest assured I shall be reporting this to Trading Standards. I quote again for your information:

For information to be misleading, it needs to be deceiving or untrue. You may be given misleading information about:

• what the trader promises to provide (the extent of the trader's commitments) - The confirmation messages suggests that the voicemail is active, however it is actually not, meaning that you are promising a service which is not actually available.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi lightingtech94,

It should take 2-24 hours for the service to activate. I've just spoken to a community lead member who is going to get this raised up and looked in to.

We just done a test and it took us 3 attempts to get the following message:

"You recently made a change to your voicemail settings - It normally takes 2 hours to come into effect, however sometimes it can take up to 24 hours".

Could please check in 24 hours and let us know if it's active?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
lightingtech94
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I will try that and let you know.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
lightingtech94
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Still having problems

Screenshots:

However as soon as I leave the page and return it goes back to this: I can't get the "You recently made a change to your voicemail settings - It normally takes 2 hours to come into effect, however sometimes it can take up to 24 hours". as you stated in your previous post.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi lightingtech94,

Thanks for keeping me updated.

It's been over 24 hours now, can you confirm if it now shows as active? The website problem has been raised and is currently under investigation.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos