Menu
gemstone83
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

SICK OF VIRGIN!!!

I get an Xperia m2 nearly 2 years ago but the mic doesnt work, i ring up and tell them i need a phone 24hrs because im disabled with epilepsy so cant send it off (it works with head set) so they say tough luck. Now Ive just paid about £60 to get out of my contract to upgrade to a samsung s6. The phones great but im given the wrong package!!! I was told it would be 500mins and 1gb of data. It turns up with 250mins and 1gb of data. I call them and they accept the error and this month will add 350mins of goodwill but it will be sorted out by next month.. My airtime has just been refreshed AND IT HASNT BEEN SORTED!!! The icing on the cake is when I got this package it was done over the phone and I asked when the money would be taken out of my account as ive never missed a payment, they tell me "thats not our department, you will be contacted before it comes out" well guess what I WASN'T!!!! So they try take money out of my account and theres no money in so my bank refused it and charged me £25 for DD refusal. I ring Virgin and they tell me "the bank wont charge you" WELL THEY ARE WANT PROOF!!! So they tell me their manager will call md back and 2 weeks later and NOTHING!! So ive cancelled ALL my Virgin Direct Debits Phone, Broadband, Mobile the lot and wont pay a penny until this whole mess is sorted out. Oh you want to know the excuse why they wouldnt fix my Xperia M2 in the end? because I must have been hot or sweatty when I used it as that moisture detector had slightly changed so that MUST have caused the mic to break the moment i took it out of the box!
Anyway sorry about the long rant but basically what I want sorting out is my 500mins a month as promised and £25 refunded to me for making me unknowingly go overdrawn.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Promised 500mins got 250mins

Gemstone83,

Thank  you for coming in and posting your message, welcome back.

I have been looking into the account and I can see that you have already been in touch. I am sorry that one of the team wasn't able to get to you in time, however I am chuffed that we've been able to make an arrangement.

Keep in touch and any further support you need, please let me know.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: SICK OF VIRGIN!!!

I'm sorry to say but this forum is mainly self help from other users like me.

to resolve this you need to keep calling 789 until it's done.

stopping the DD's is your choice but one that could compound your woes not just with virgin but also your credit reference.

your choice of course

0 Kudos
gemstone83
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Was kinda hoping for help from a somebody. Lots of help!!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi gemstone83,

as J0hn informed you.

This forum is largely customer based in order to help and advise one another.

It is monitored by Virgin staff and one may respond to this post but if that is so it is likely to take a couple of days.

You would be best advised as J0hn said, to call and speak to a member of the customer service team to resolve your issues.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
gemstone83
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Promised 500mins got 250mins

Ill keep this short, when i got my new S6 the guy said because I was a premium customer or something like that I'd get 500mins for £6 but all i got was 250. I called up and they agreed it was wrong and gave another 300mins goodwill until it was sorted. This next month has rolled over and still only 250mins. Ive just called up and the guy didnt have a clue what i was talking about!! Since i changed my phone/package its been one nightmare after another with DD coming out on the wrong date and sending me overdrawn but thats another matter. PLEASE can some help me with the mins.
Gemma.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gemstone83
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Well thats what im hoping for somone from Virgin not just some guy who has nothing to do with my account!
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I don't have access to your account, I can't guess what's been written there so if you need help you need st speak to someone who has accesso your account. Venting here is allowed of course

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

This will be of no help for you, just a bit of info.

The £6 loyalty sim, which I believe is the one you have, comes with 250mins, unlimited texts and 1gig of data. Why you were promised 500 mins is anyone's guess - to be offered 500mins + 1gig of data on a new deal at today's prices would have made me query it - that is a unbelievable deal to get today.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Promised 500mins got 250mins

I had the same issue 3.5 years ago. Had to ring to complain every month for the first 6 months, then the CS guy put it in his outlook calendar which worked right up until he changed jobs.

It's why I record all my mobile calls now.
0 Kudos
gemstone83
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I dont know how much data it was as im not bothered about data all i know is i have 1gb at the moment and 250mins when it should have been 500mins because of being a premium customer or whatever term he used! Anyway when i rang up they admitted they made a mistake and gave me 300mins goodwill until they sorted it out but they havent. I was supposed to get a call back from the manager but nothing and when i called again they knew nothing about it... well WHY DID THEY GIVE ME 300MINS OF GOODWILL IF THEY DIDNT MAKE A MISTAKE??? VIRGIN GET THIS SORTED.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos