Menu
Drew52
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

S5 Probs

Hi all, if anyone can help that would be Tiptop I've a S5neo it keeps flashing mssgs "check back case" and "memory card unmounted" it's also changing the wallpaper when charging! Hope some of you guys can help thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: S5 Probs

Hi Drew52,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some issues with the S5 Neo. I want to get to the bottom of this for you. Either there are major faults with the phone or something needs to be reset.

Can you let me know if you have anything you'd like to save on the phone? I'm going to suggest performing a factory reset. Let me know if you'd like to back anything up beforehand.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Drew52,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some issues with the S5 Neo. I want to get to the bottom of this for you. Either there are major faults with the phone or something needs to be reset.

Can you let me know if you have anything you'd like to save on the phone? I'm going to suggest performing a factory reset. Let me know if you'd like to back anything up beforehand.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Drew52
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat_H just my contacts need saving, what do I need to do next?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Drew52,

Thanks for coming back to us.

You can backup all the data by using Samsung Kies. You can find the software here. You can also store your contacts on the SIM card too.

To perform the reset you can follow these instructions:

Settings > Backup And Rest > Factory Data Reset.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you continue to get the error message.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
Drew52
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys,

Did the factory reset still getting the same messages flashing up, after I unlock the phone I also took the time to check the memory card and backing cover both are in excellent condition.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Drew52,

Thanks for coming back to me. I'm disappointed to hear the factory reset hasn't made a difference. There is another recent thread here for exactly the same issue.

Some of the things the other member has tried:-

• New SD card
  • Factory reset
  • Latest firmware update
  • No apps on phone at all

If you're not able to get another SD card to test then you could use your existing one in another compatible handset to see if the error message still appears.

If your phone is also changing the wallpaper when charging then it could be faulty firmware so please make sure this is the most up to date one.

Failing that, it's likely you have a faulty handset or card reader. You can call the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone to book in for a repair. You could also do this via your online account. Click here and go to 'Plan and device' and then 'Phone repairs'.

I hope you get the issue fixed soon. Please let me know how it all goes and just ask if you're unsure of anything.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
Drew52
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for your help so far! Seeing as I have tried all of your suggestions I'm gonna try changing the SD card next I'll keep ya informed of how it goes!

0 Kudos