Menu
hythepark2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Rubbish signal

I am constantly getting rubbish signal in my house TW20 8BW (less than 4 miles from Heathrow)so not in the outback  any ideas?

thanks

rob

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rubbish signal

Hi hythepark2,

Thanks for getting in touch on the Forum. I'm sorry that you are having a problem with your mobile signal.

I've been able to check your postcode using the following sites: 

1. EE Coverage Checker
  2. Virgin Mobile Coverage Checker

Both sites show that the 3G and 4G signal in your area is very good, which means your phone should work outdoors and inside most houses, with variable coverage in commercial buildings. Please be aware that these checks are only a guide and is not a guarantee of service availability in a particular location. It shows outdoor coverage only. As with all radio-based systems, service may be affected by a number of local factors, such as building materials, tree cover and weather conditions.

The EE Coverage Checker also shows: WE RECENTLY FIXED A PROBLEM IN TW20. 

Is your signal better now? If you are still experiencing a problem with a weak signal in your house, please let me know the following:

• Do you have signal problems when away from home?
  • Do other networks have a signal problem at your property?
  • Does your signal improve if you put your SIM card in a different handset?
  • Have you tried replacing your SIM card?

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
drumsticks
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HAHAHA, WHO KIDDING WHO? Going onto Virgin Mobile Coverage Checker, and entering RM17, comes up as good! No chance. Sill weak signal with broken conversation making using Virgin Mobile unusable....
0 Kudos
hythepark2
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Your Questions answered

• Do you have signal problems when away from home?   No
  • Do other networks have a signal problem at your property?   Not as bad as Virgin
  • Does your signal improve if you put your SIM card in a different handset?     No  both virgin phone shave same problem
  • Have you tried replacing your SIM card?          1 sim card is fairly new

Do you supply signal boosters or do I leave Virgin in which case my TV Broadband and Landline will move also.

0 Kudos
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Both VM and EE coverage maps are very broad region maps. They do it by theory not measuring coverage. I have the same problem, the map says good but I have to drive a mile away to get a good signal. Honesty on the maps would be a good start.

0 Kudos