Menu
seamus1958
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Rubbish customer service.

I have been a customer for years, so long in fact I started when it was Diamond media,prior to NTL and then Virgin.

I have all services, TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile and in all my years as a customer have never missed a payment nor made one late..

My current mobile is a Samsung S3 on a package price of £46 reduced to £31 for being a loyal customer and I have been on this for 2years 2 mnths.Think this is my 4th Mobile contract so far.

Last 2 payments were charged at full rate so I rung customer services who said they would sort it and get retentions to ring me.   Needless to say, they did not.

Had the phone for a while now anyway so popped into town to the Virgin Store to chat about it and inquire about an upgrade.

First issue.....chap behind the desk said my 2 years was up so my loyalty deal would have ended and I would not get a refund.  Hmm...that started my mood off well.  OK says I, what about an upgrade.

In goes all my details and then he tells me I am only a C2 so cannot get the phone I was after...S5 or S6...but I could still have a crappy LG if I wanted.

Not impressed I asked why and all he could say was I was credit checked and must have come up as a risk. Told me to register with Equifax and see about rebuilding my credit score.......grrrr.

I am subscribed so know I have an unblemished payment record going back 6 years on all my accounts and told him so. He just looked and said I will have to ring customer services, he can't help.

I have looked at my file and up until now never really got bothered about it but since this I have scrutinised it a little more and find that Virgin are showing 3 active accounts on my file, 2 mobile and my TV package with another mobile settled. (I only have 1 active mobile)
Since I cannot see any defaults or late payments recorded just what is going on because I am seriously thinking about dumping my entire package and swapping to SKY if this is their position and it does not change.
Hassle I could do without but a loss of revenue amounting to over £1000 a year.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Rubbish customer service.

This seems to be a common problem at the moment. The Freestyle contract is a credit agreement for the handset, as opposed to the old contracts which were "commit to two years of paying for the service, and you get a free phone".

This means VM have to do a bona fide credit check. However many people who are adamant that they should be passing this check, aren't. It's worth noting that some people don't have enough credit for the reference agency to be able to assess their credit rating accurately. It makes sense, in a way. How much credit do you give to someone when you have no indication of how well they keep up credit payments or how likely they are to default?

I'll request further info and report back.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @seamus1958

I have sent you a private message which you can read by clicking this link: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/inbox  or you can also click on the red envelope on the top left of any page on the Community.

This is the same one that I was sending the other members on this thread: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Manage-Your-Account-Mobile/Consumer-Underwriting-services/td-p/2...

I hope you can get this resolved!

The artist formally known as Swt4ajp
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This seems to be a common problem at the moment. The Freestyle contract is a credit agreement for the handset, as opposed to the old contracts which were "commit to two years of paying for the service, and you get a free phone".

This means VM have to do a bona fide credit check. However many people who are adamant that they should be passing this check, aren't. It's worth noting that some people don't have enough credit for the reference agency to be able to assess their credit rating accurately. It makes sense, in a way. How much credit do you give to someone when you have no indication of how well they keep up credit payments or how likely they are to default?

I'll request further info and report back.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @seamus1958

I have sent you a private message which you can read by clicking this link: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/inbox  or you can also click on the red envelope on the top left of any page on the Community.

This is the same one that I was sending the other members on this thread: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Manage-Your-Account-Mobile/Consumer-Underwriting-services/td-p/2...

I hope you can get this resolved!

The artist formally known as Swt4ajp
0 Kudos
seamus1958
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Got a reply today asking me to contact them in 48 hours.

I don't know if it was the message I sent or the rep from Virgin that just happened to be doing a customer satisfaction survey in my area 2 days before.

I told him exactly how I felt and he was despairing of the service I had received in the store and said he would look into it for me.

I'll let you know in 48 hours what the outcome is.

Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi seamus1958,

Sorry to hear your experiencing an issue upgrading your phone.

As the Superusers have mentioned this is something I am currently looking into.

If you get any issues when you speak with us later please just get back to me. I can take your details and get this investigated. 

Speak soon.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
seamus1958
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pleased to say I called tonight and upgraded without a hitch.

Opted for Samsung Galaxy 5 with the Tablet.

Even managed to stay on my old tariff instead of the current 3 on offer and the total price is still less than my old contract.

Well done, that's how it should have been in the beginning

0 Kudos
Coughcake
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Glad you got sorted- sadly my mobile issue is still an issue and no-one seems to keep their promises about calling me to change my handset. Made enquiries with SKy today about switching all my services over and since it's much cheaper too I suspect that's where I'll be headed....

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi seamus1958,

Glad to hear it was sorted for youSmiley Happy

If you have any issues or queries in future just get back to us.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
paull37
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good to see you got it sorted,I'm hoping they will sort mine,not heard off anyone yet.
0 Kudos