Menu
Colini2
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Route to Virgin TECH support

How does one ask a TECHNICAL support question which can ONLY be answered by a technical person ONLY from Virgin staff. The web site offers routes to non-technical support staff, and to technical people OUTSIDE of Virgin, but any attempt to ask a question of technical staff sends one around in circles.  That is: if your question is not one of A, B or C then go back and start again, and read the options again.  That is, the web kids assume that ALL questions are one of A, B or C - there can be no other questions.  After fifty two years of technical programming I can think of more than a few...

Colini

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Route to Virgin TECH support

One phones in on 789

from your Virgin Mobile phone

or

from any other phone

0 Kudos
Colini2
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  But we all know that.

As I said in my request: I wish to get a response from a TECHNICAL  and   STAFF MEMBER type of human being.

The telephone numbers send customers to little girls who are very nice, and try to be helpful, but do not have the technical knowledge.

And nor do they have the access to perform the task themselves.

I requested a task to be performed for me last Sunday, but the little girl got it wrong. 

I repeated the request on Tuesday. 

My mobile is still not connected, so I can only assume that I need to speak with a Virgin STAFF  TECHNICAL person.

And so the problem/deficiency remains: "How does a Virgin customer connect with a Virgin Techno?"

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Colini2

I totally agree with what you have said.
The thing that also annoys me is that when they promise to call you back they never do!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Colini2, 

My primary role is a mobile technical support analyst, I can help you as much as I can with any questions you may have. 

Take care 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
Colini2
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I finally persuaded one of the girls to put me through to a technical guy.  He discovered that somebody had incorrectly blacklisted my wife's phone instead of my stolen phone.  He sorted it for me, but told me that it would still take a few days to get the work done.  Why?  Surely Virgin is not as bad as BT !  Are they?  It took a week to sort - not good enough Virgin!  It was a simple request.  AND, I still have no idea about how to connect with a technical support guy.  Common non-technical requests should be left to the nice girls on the front desk, but if they have the slightest thought that it is too comp;icated for them then it needs to be passed on immediately.  This question is very important for a technical service request.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colini2

Thanks for taking the time to post and sorry to hear things have not gone to plan here.

I just wanted to check in and make sure your service had been restored.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos