Menu
Tarquin66
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Rogue messages

Hi,

I have had a Virgin Mobile for years now, which is paid for by my husband. We have recently noticed on the on-line bill that as a result of a competition entry  [made by my huband!] we receive 2 text messages per week- for which we are charged .This results in an extra £15 on the monthly bill. We have tried blocking-no good! We tried sending a reply txt stating "stop all" - which again has had no effect. I'm not sure which route to take now and wondered of anyone had  any ideas. Last resort would be to change my number - which I'm quite prepared to do. This just seems to be going on and on -help!!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Rogue messages

Try putting the text number into this website http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/billing-and-payment/your-bill-explained/third-p...

If it is identified it should tell you how to unsubscribe and give you and email address or postal address for you to contact the company concerned,

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Tarquin66, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting Smiley Happy

I am sorry to see that your being charged for text messages sent from a competition line, these can be very frustrating! @enlli is spot on, the EE link will give you the information you will need to unsubscribe from this company. 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try putting the text number into this website http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/billing-and-payment/your-bill-explained/third-p...

If it is identified it should tell you how to unsubscribe and give you and email address or postal address for you to contact the company concerned,

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Tarquin66, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting Smiley Happy

I am sorry to see that your being charged for text messages sent from a competition line, these can be very frustrating! @enlli is spot on, the EE link will give you the information you will need to unsubscribe from this company. 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
Tarquin66
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the advice- think it's all sorted now- you're a star!!

0 Kudos
Tarquin66
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the reply - think I've got it sorted now ! 

0 Kudos