Menu
Dee28
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rogue Call Charges

I have just returned from Dubai, and on my bill there are several numbers all beginning 0795393. I did not make or receive these calls there is nothing to show these calls in my call log but I have been charged £22 for them. I have tried ringing these numbers all were unobtainable. I am very careful when using my phone abroad. After searching online I have found several comments about these numbers on the Virgin network, so this is obviously a known scam. Having had a discussion with Virgin they have told me these are valid charges and as they have been charged by their partner networks they are charging me. I am very disappointed that they are not accepting any responsibility, and are not protecting their customers from such scams. Friends and family that were on other networks and with me at the same time have not been affected in the same way, this seems to be a flaw in the virgin network. Has anyone had a resolution to this?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Rogue Call Charges

Just a thought EE Voicemail starts with 07953 

Wonder if it is anything to do with that as people seem to have this problem when abroad

0 Kudos

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just a thought EE Voicemail starts with 07953 

Wonder if it is anything to do with that as people seem to have this problem when abroad

0 Kudos
Dee28
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response, an interesting thought, although my phone is not set up for voicemail, would I still be charged?
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Honestly don't know on this one, but it seems the issue was originally around on T-Mobile (Virgin's original partner) as way back as 2011

0 Kudos