Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 36 (500 Views)

Roaming

I'm having issues with my data abroad, I can call and receive texts and it selects the network automatically but no mobile Internet. I've done all the correct settings I have followed all the instructions of how to make it work ten times over but still nothing. Can someone please look into this? Thanks.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 2 of 36 (976 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Natalievo
‎19-06-2017 15:20

Re: Roaming

Hi Natalievo,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing a problem with your service while abroad. Thank you for responding to my PM. This has been reset for you now, just reboot your handset and retry your data roaming service.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 36 (977 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Natalievo
‎19-06-2017 15:20

Hi Natalievo,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing a problem with your service while abroad. Thank you for responding to my PM. This has been reset for you now, just reboot your handset and retry your data roaming service.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

On our wavelength
Message 3 of 36 (485 Views)

Thank you Terri, I'm up and running!
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 36 (449 Views)

I've got the same problem - voice, texts, and WIFI OK abroad but no mobile data.  All settings on my account are OK - assume it's something at Virgin's end ??  I need data roaming to work in EU from 29 Jun.

Can you fix it ?

Karen

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 36 (400 Views)

Hi karentimms,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your data roaming. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 36 (395 Views)

I am having the same problems on both my phones,a sony z3 and Samsung S5. I can call,text and get wifi but can't get data roaming although it's all on.Please help as I am abroad for quite a while. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 36 (391 Views)

Hi garjay,

I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your data roaming service. 

Please have a look at the following online Help & Support Page: Roaming Hub if you have access to WiFi.

So that I can look into this for you,  I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 36 (382 Views)

Hi garjay,

Thank you for sending your details via PM. A reset has been completed on your account. It can take up to 24 hours for this to update on the network.

Just reboot your handset and retry.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 36 (351 Views)

Hi karentimms,

Thank you for sending your details via PM. I have reset this on your account. It can take up to 24 hours for this to update on the network.

Just reboot your handset and retry.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 36 (335 Views)

Re: Data Roaming not working in Spain

Hi, My daughter is currently having the same problem in Spain using one of my virgin mobile number - voice, texts, and WIFI OK abroad but no mobile data.  All roaming settings on my virgin account are switched on and she has enabled data roaming on her Samsung Galaxy S5 mini with no success.

Please can you help reset as for other customers. Thank you.

0 Kudos