Menu
Daddidava
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Roaming

Second visit to Zurich and unable to get my iPhone 5c to connect to a local network. Appears to find a network an puts little tick in the box but does not connect
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roaming

Hi Daddidava,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear you're having some issues with roaming on the account.

So we can make sure that everything is working as it should be, are you able to log into your online account here and click manage services to check roaming?

Can you let me know if this is enabled as on?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Daddidava
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I bought Swisscom PAYG card but I had another go with my wife's phone and turned roaming off and on again and despite the fact that this time I received a message saying it may take 2hours or even 24hours to activate she connected to Swisscom immediately.  Very disappointing as  have travelled the world using other providers and never ever had any difficulty connecting locally "automatically".

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daddidava,

I'm really sorry that you weren't able to get roaming available through us. We want to find out why.

It can take up to 24 hours for the roaming service to be enabled, but there's no guarantee this will work while you're already abroad. Did you give us a call before traveling to enable roaming?

When you're home next, give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we can find out exactly what's happened.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos