Menu
acrowot
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Roaming

My Grandson arrived in Spain this morning his phone will not work the account is in my name. I rang 789 yesterday and asked for roaming to be enabled, was told that is done you will receive a text in the next 2 hours confirming this, the text did not arrive. I rang 789 this morning to ask why roaming was not enabled the lady said I will check, came back and said it has not been enabled I do not know why but I have now enabled it, this was at 9.30am this morning it is still not working and is showing as OFF when I check on the Web. can you tell me what is the problem, I fear he will be back home on Monday with no resolution to this problem, he has a pressing need to be able to use his phone, is there anyone there who is able to help surely it is not all that difficult.

0 Kudos
acrowot
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roaming

Not much help here then.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi acrowot,

Thanks for your post. We work on the forums in date order to ensure our customers get all the help we need.

I'm really sorry that your son is having some problem with roaming while in Spain. It can take up to 24 hours for the service to enable on the network. How's this looking for him currently?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
acrowot
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In this case late is not better than never, he is now back home, it took 3 phone calls to 789 and over 1 and a half hours taking to people who were clueless said it had been activated when it clearly had not, my Grandson lost patience in the end and told your agent not to bother, 10 mins. later roaming was enabled and it showed on my account as ON for the first time, well done virgin I will not now be bringing my 3 rd line over to you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi acrowot,

I'm really sorry for any trouble caused on our part. This isn't the intention we had at all.

If you need any further advice in the future, feel free to pop a post on the forums.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
acrowot
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Does not seem much point.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can understand your frustration acrowot. I'm sorry this wasn't fixed sooner.

If you do have any queries, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
sharon4189
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am in Spain in exactly the same situation,  no phone just wifi Internet.  My dad rang 789 over 24 hours ago in UK and they said it had been activated, still not working, I'm really stuck, I'm here for 2 weeks, please help!!!!! I've tried ringing from here but spent a fortune listening to music for 20 minutes!!!!

0 Kudos
acrowot
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I wish you luck with this Sharon, it took me 3 phone calls over a 30 hour period lasting about 1.5 hours in total, all three of Virgin's reps. assured me it had been activated although it was not showing as activated on "My Account" after the last of the three calls resulting in my loosing my temper with the Rep. it was activated within 10 mins, and showed as activated in " My Account". Draw your own conclusions.   

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I'm delighted to inform you that roaming can now be enabled through your online account Smiley Happy

Log on to your account and go into Plan and Device, Manage services and you can enable roaming through there.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos