Menu
Timodell
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Roaming switched on but won't find service abroad

Hi....I'm currently in the US on holiday from England...roaming Is switched on and I could use the phone last year but this year it will not connect to a service....upon using the network search it gives me options of at & t and t mobile but will not connect...one of the things I read was to remove the battery and try again but as its a Motorola moto the battery is fixed.....it says on here to phone virgin back home but as I don't have access to another phone that's pretty difficult ....any ideas ?

0 Kudos
uk_friendly
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roaming switched on but won't find service abroad

Im currently in France having the same trouble. I have two Virgin sims and one data only - none work. This is the third trip to France this year and Virgin only managed to get my phones working on one occasion. I managed to get through to helpline three times over the last four days (they are quick to answer), using me wife's phone (not Virgin) but still no service. My advice is buy a local sim card. Its a real shame but I can't put up with such a hit and miss service any longer. It seems that the system rests itself when you return home. This type of service does cater for a frequent traveller very well.

0 Kudos
uk_friendly
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

LAST sentence of previous post should read "does NOT cater for the frequent traveller very well"

0 Kudos
Timodell
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My son spent time talking to them on the phone back in the UK this morning and they said they would get in touch with me...never did ...can see my contract being cancelled when I get home 

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

France and America. Three allow you to roam in those countries with calls and data coming out of your allowance. Might be worth it for future reference.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey Timodell

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your mobile service at the moment.

I'd like to take a look at your account to check why the roaming isn't working, so that I can do that could you respond to the message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Timodell
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I think my time with virgin mobile is coming to an end...this isn't the first problem I've had with them...recently they cancelled my contract by mistake which again left me with no phone...I got no notice from them...the fact I couldn't contact them last week was a major inconvenience as I'm disabled and something they ought to take a look at...I didn't have access to a phone where I was...I managed to get my son to phone them back here and he relayed the conversation via Facebook but the customer service person was no help whatsoever...I then managed to get online chat with someone in billing...they wouldn't help either basically saying it wasn't their problem....never mind...luckily I'm on month to month contract and I need a new phone so probably best time to check out other providers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Timodell

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way - we'd hate to see you go.

I'd love to help out with this - have you been able to respond to Craig's message?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Timodell
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

as soon as we got back the phone was ok…which was no help….i just cant work out why they dont have an easy way to contact them when you dont have access to a phone….the website just keeps you going round and round...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Timodell

I can understand this has been a frustrating experience for you.

We do offer the webchat facility via our Contact Us page which is useful if calling isn't an option - in addition to the Community Forums and our Social Media Team on Twitter and Facebook Smiley Happy

If there's any further assistance we can offer with this though, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos