Menu
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Roaming problem RESOLVED

Like many others I was having problems with roaming in France, I found the relies on here no help as they only asked customers to phone, something that was impossible or very difficult.

I was not impressed by the answers given by the admins on here and it was equally frustrating to be told there was no online option, well folks there is !, I emailed the ceo directly and got a response and today one of his team emailed me back to say it should now work and hey presto if does !

Massive thanks to him and a big no thanks to the admin team here and their useless replies especially the ones spouting dpa nonsense.

I've enquires as to how Virgin will help others and wether I can share the email addressss I used. I also got some compensation it's s real pity though that this could not of been rescued by the forum team on day one not 3 weeks later after getting the ceo involved.
0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roaming problem RESOLVED

Here's reply from Callum from cro responding to my suggestion that people with roaming issues should have an email address they can mail instead of phoning Virgin.

Hi Mr Daley

That’s fantastic news!

With regards to your suggestion of setting up a 'direct' mail list for our other customers that could be affected by the issues you have been subject too, it's a brilliant suggestion and will be fed back directly to Mark Davidson, Director of Customer Care.

It would be an ideal world for customers to mail directly back to the Virgin web team, but unfortunately there is a filter in place as to whomever receives a mail from us can reply back. This is in place as to avoid ques of unanswered emails should there be an outage of some sort, and so our dedicated Customer Care Team on 789 are more than equipped with the knowledge and tools to support our customers.

I can only apologise for the lengths you have been made to go too in order to get the issue resolved, but I will be feeding your experience back into the business where needed for training purposes as to avoid this in the future.

I'm glad I was able to help you and will be closing the complaint today. Please enjoy the rest of your time away, be safe and have a drink on us!

Kind regards

Callum

--------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I can now receive calls but can't phone out or text, anyone any idea why this would be ?
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Only one thing it could be without being more technical problems.

International call barring maybe turned on in your account, to check this you can log into your online mobile account, click on "about my plan" and then go to "manage my services".

Good luck :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Just checked international call barring is off, this is so frustrating, it's taken 3 weeks and emails to ceo to get roaming connected but now I can't actually call anyone, I was very impressed by response from Callum, see above, but now I'm **bleep** off again as it still doesn't work, jeez, what is it with Virgin ?, is it the fact that they piggy back onto E E that causes the problems ?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andydd68.

Thanks for posting.

It appears you have posted the same query here which I have answered for you.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
AllyMac
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I got quite excited by your news, Andy - good idea to head to the top but sorry it's still not all fixed...I just decided I couldn't waste rest of my holiday getting irritated - will try to deal with on return.
0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nor me. I needed phone to sort out a job on my return, luckily had phone interview and was offered job so not wasting anymore time on it, all my problems certainly will influencey decision on next provider though.
0 Kudos