Menu
rro
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Roaming not working, 'My Account' shows it enabled

I've not been able to get roaming working the last two times I've been abroad: logging in & checking services shows it active, and I've tried a friend's phone with my SIM to check it isn't my device. I can't call the suggested customer service number (+447953967967) because a prerecorded voice tells me the service is unavailable.

I've checked my device settings, and it lists networks, and shows me a data roaming warning as I've repeatedly tried disabling, enabling & restarting (since receiving the 'welcome to Denmark' text). Any suggestions gratefully received.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roaming not working, 'My Account' shows it enabled

Lot's about this in various threads at the moment. Check you have not got international call barring enabled.

0 Kudos
rro
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. My data access is limited, posted before I had time to search. Could I please ask how I check international call barring? It's really the data roaming that matters more to me...
0 Kudos
tpmchugh
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

International call barring only applies to making international calls from UK. This problem seems to be quite a problem with Virgin. Some people connect OK others dont and quite frankly, Virgin dont seem to have a clue about what is causing it

0 Kudos
rro
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks tpmchugh I'll see if I can get a local SIM & ask for a refund when I get home. Frustrating when others around me have no issues!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi rro,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm terribly sorry you're not able to connect to a network abroad. This isn't very good when you want to connect to friends and family back home.

I'd really like to help you out. I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos