Menu
Ian_Nunthorpe
Dialled in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Roaming not avaliable

Before going abroad, I used my online account to set up roaming on my phone. I am now in France but by phone does not work. I have used my online account several times to set up roaming, but although it says each time that I can now use my phone abroad, it still does not work. Please contact me to set it up ASAP.

Helpful Answers
Ian_Nunthorpe
Dialled in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Roaming not avaliable

International call barring is OFF. Also, Roaming is shown as OFF, even though I have set it to ON many times and each time I am told that I can now use my phone abroad. I have even tried removing the battery while the phone is switched on (as recommended in an earlier Post on this forum) - but to no avail. I need Virgin to switch on Roaming on my phone - but I can't phone them because my phone is not working while I am abroad. Virgin please contact me!!!

All Replies
Warpedmedic
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I had this trouble have you switched off international call barring I had it on and until I turned it off I could not use my phone. I too had roaming on hope this helps.
Ian_Nunthorpe
Dialled in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

International call barring is OFF. Also, Roaming is shown as OFF, even though I have set it to ON many times and each time I am told that I can now use my phone abroad. I have even tried removing the battery while the phone is switched on (as recommended in an earlier Post on this forum) - but to no avail. I need Virgin to switch on Roaming on my phone - but I can't phone them because my phone is not working while I am abroad. Virgin please contact me!!!
Ian_Nunthorpe
Dialled in
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

NOT ANSWERED!
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Im in exact same situation ! All settings are ok, I put slider to on for roaming, it says it's now ok but when I check back on website it says roaming is off ! I've tried on/off on iPhone.
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Come on Virgin, I've got exact same issue, give us some help here !!!
Ray_of_sun
Joining in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

BEWARE - I also had the same problems with roaming activation on my phone while in Majorca 6th June 2015! Having checked on-line and confirming roaming was enabled before leaving the UK alas when I got to Majorca it did not work (3rd time this has happen now) so I called the mobile number provided 00447953967967 (using my wifes phone, also virginmedia) and spent over 41 mins going through the motions with the "helpdesk" of checking the settings, removing the SIM, hard booting the phone several times etc. still nothing and was told it must be a faulty SIM so there is nothing Virgin can do until I return to the UK ! (Great) but to add insult to injury the 41 min call to 00447953967967 has cost my wife £29.14 !!!!! So I had no roaming while on holiday and now a £30 bill for the pleasure...
0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Ian. When you look at your plan settings online and turn ON roaming, does it stay on ?, when I move the slider, it says it's on and that I will be able to use phone abroad but if I check back then the slider is back in the off position again, this indicates to me s problem at virgins end and nog z tech issue with the phone ?
0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Not a*
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi ian_Nunthorpe,

Sorry to hear you're not able to roam while in France.

It does appear you have tried most of things I could suggest to get this going for you.

I've added a link here to a article that may be of some assistance.

It maybe the case that even though roaming is active on your account online it may not be active network side.

This is something our mobile team could take a look into for you. You can call our team on +447953967967 from a working phone abroad.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need anything. 

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos