Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (133 Views)

Roaming issues

[ Edited ]
Hello, I crossed the border to France 2-3 days ago. When I first got here it didn't register I was in France, but I think that was because my GPS is faulty.

However, I still can use data. I have tried rebooting, re-inserting the SIM card, manually selecting a network (I tried F Bouygues and then Orange F which worked for calls and texts) and am 99% sure I have all settings that allow roaming on.

I am not sure what is wrong. I also can't call Virgin because obviously my phone doesn't work, and I can't find anywhere to live chat with Virgin Mobile.

Thanks.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5 (215 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by JChazzer
2 weeks ago

Re: Roaming issues

Hi JChazzer,

Thanks for your contact via private message.

Following a network refresh I'd like you to now restart the handset. It should connect back to the network automatically but sometimes a manual search is needed.

If you want to use your data allowance abroad then you need to make sure data roaming is active on the handset itself. The basic instructions for doing this can be found here.

If your data still doesn't work then you just need to update the APN settings of the handset. You can enter them manually by looking here or you can select your handset from the list here and you'll get the update directly.

Has this worked?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5 (117 Views)

Hi JChazzer,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Sorry to hear you're experiencing roaming issues in France.

I'll send you a private message to see if I can get to the bottom of this for you. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5 (216 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by JChazzer
2 weeks ago

Hi JChazzer,

Thanks for your contact via private message.

Following a network refresh I'd like you to now restart the handset. It should connect back to the network automatically but sometimes a manual search is needed.

If you want to use your data allowance abroad then you need to make sure data roaming is active on the handset itself. The basic instructions for doing this can be found here.

If your data still doesn't work then you just need to update the APN settings of the handset. You can enter them manually by looking here or you can select your handset from the list here and you'll get the update directly.

Has this worked?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
Joining in
Message 4 of 5 (106 Views)

Wow, thanks so much! I'm not sure what you did but I've now got full signal and it's working great. I'll make sure to speak if anything else occurs.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5 (84 Views)

I have the same problem since Wednesday I tried calling them but just get
Unable to do this request call customer services I really wish they would sort it out
0 Kudos