Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 1 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Roaming in Spain

Hi everyone,

As you're already aware, we're having some hiccups with roaming in Spain on the Orange network.

We'd need to you to make sure first of all, that roaming has been enabled correctly. The team can be reached on +447953967967 from any other phone to check this out.

If roaming is enabled for you already, and you're having this particular problem, we'd first advise to go through a manual network search to select an alternative network.

If this is still causing you trouble after this check, we'd like to take some info to get this raised up Smiley Happy

We would need:

Your Mobile number

Your Sim Serial Number

Where in Spain you are (Be as specific as possible)

If a manual network selection resolved this

The error message you get in full when calling

We'd also require the prefix you use to dial (+44 or 0044)

You can PM this info to myself or Rita_B

Thanks so much for your co-operation,

Mat

UPDATE: Hi everyone,

We've received verification that this fault has been fixed.

If you're in Spain, and are still having problems, we'll be treating this issue as a normal fault and not a widespread problem. Please feel free to post on this thread if you're having any roaming issues.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
DavH
Joining in
Message 2 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roaming in Spain

As several other posts lead to this one is it possible to get a status update on the Spain / Orange / no roaming situation please.

I pm'd my details to you some time ago but haven't had the courtesy of a response.

Please at least keep your customers advised of the latest developments, even if only 'still under investigation'.

I suspect Virgin may lose quite a few customers over this issue

0 Kudos
jayjaybea
Joining in
Message 3 of 120
Flag for a moderator

I agree about losing customers, the Orange problem has affected ourselves with 2 virgin mobiles in spain since 5 April

despite reporting it on 7 april, when I did get to a technical guy to speak to on 12 april he just said they were gathering evidence of the problem.

As I use my phones in Spain on and off throughout the year I will be cancelling my contacts for a blackberry and an android as Virgin are unable to provide me with a service. Very annoying

0 Kudos
cols1971
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 120
Flag for a moderator

As a customer who was affected (but at least compensated by Virgin) for this issue last September on a trip to Ibiza, I would just like to check that the folk at the other end of the number quoted above, are specifically technically trained to be dealing with this issue, and not just 1st line call centre members.

In other words, if I call will they know exactly what I am going on about?

I want to double check to make sure that my "Roaming" is set up properly on both the T-mobile and Orange servers - which was the apparant fail last year. Even so, after reading others are having issues, I am now extremely nervous about taking my Virgin SIM on my next holiday this year!

Mat_H wrote:

Hi everyone,

As you're already aware, we're having some hiccups with roaming in Spain on the Orange network.

We'd need to you to make sure first of all, that roaming has been enabled correctly. The team can be reached on ++447953967967 from any other phone to check this out.

0 Kudos
fredpollock
Joining in
Message 5 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile - hang your heads in shame.

Your service is atrocious, your customer attention non-existent, your excuses pathetic, and your penchant for being argumentative with customers like me who simply want answers and a resolution to the service we are paying for is unparalleled in my experience.

I have receive nothing but disinterest and arguments - and more than likely lies - from you since the beginning of my short contract (I only joined in February). I have not been able to make calls for an entire MONTH now - and this is merely the latest in a series of outages I have suffered in my time as a customer. (I remind you of the word - customer).

Far from attempting to help me, you have shirked your responsibility. I have sent numerous emails requesting help - you have answered only once, the other day, telling me that you called me and are happy to report that my problems have been resolved. This is a blatant and shameless lie. You did not call me. My service has not been resolved. But I'm sure the email will satisfy some internal SLA performance indicator or another.

Frankly, I am no longer interested in your excuses - tonight for the final time I called you - at my own expense from Spain – and asked for a resolution report. Your operative informed me that I should buy a local SIM card in Spain.

Thanks for nothing - and I truly mean NOTHING.

I have cancelled my contract summarily, and I advocate to all others experiencing the same to vote with their feet. Irrespective of the financial inducements and preferential tariffs you offer in the future, I will NEVER be back. You are a disgrace of a company, and if whatever 'customer service' representative ever actually reads this comment does not pass it and others like it to their empowered management for remedial action then it only serves to prove my point further.

Disillusioned beyond belief,

Frederick Pollock

0 Kudos
fredpollock
Joining in
Message 6 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Everyone, don't waste your time with this nonsense. I have done it all, countless times, over the course of a FULL MONTH of service outtage. 

It makes no difference whatsoever.

Hiccups. HICCUPS? Don't make me laugh.

The stories I could tell of my 'chats' with Viring over the course of the past month. If only they were interested to hear them, but they are not.

I have cancelled my contract and will not return.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Toodles
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
fredpollock
Joining in
Message 8 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Would that you were receiving the quality of service that I and others are I doubt you'd be so droll. But cheerio all the same.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 120
Flag for a moderator

Well no

Cos I knew from the start not to go with them!!
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
khenryashley
Rising star
Message 10 of 120
Flag for a moderator

fredpollock wrote:

Would that you were receiving the quality of service that I and others are I doubt you'd be so droll. But cheerio all the same.

Love him or hate him he just gets straight to the point. 😈

0 Kudos