Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (153 Views)

Roaming data not working in France, now mobile not working at all!!

Help. Arrived in France on 26th August, data roaming did not work. This is the first time I've tried VMs roaming, I usually use my husband's phone (he's on PAYG 3 mobile).

My mobile acct is pay monthly - checked roaming turned on, international barring turned off then tried to ring 789 a number of times on the Wed 30th but last options kept saying cannot connect!

From later that day I have not been able to make or receive calls or texts.  I'm in France till end of October and this is my main means of contact.  Tried my sim in my husbands mobile and my sim not being recognised.  There has been no damage to the sim or my phone.  It is extremely hard to find an answer on VMs website so tried online chat only to put information in and then get a message saying it was closed? Can anyone offer any help please?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5 (154 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by SueR33
2 weeks ago

Re: Roaming data not working in France, now mobile not working at all!!

Hi SueR33,

Thanks for your contact via private message. Following a network refresh I'd like you to now restart the handset.

I've noted your intermittent signal so rather than waiting for it to auto-connect, I'm going to recommend you manually search and select a network (Google how to do this if you're not sure). You're probably best trying to connect to Orange (see here for list of networks).

Try it now and if it's still not working then you must follow the steps mentioned here. Has this worked?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Virgin Media Staff
Message 2 of 5 (139 Views)

Hi SueR33,

Please refer to the follow post http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Roaming-FAQs/td-p/3490008 there's a link there to the roaming hub also which has lots of information.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5 (129 Views)

Hi Amie

Thanks for this but unfortunately I already had everything set up before I left the UK and since I tried to resolve it and ring 789 on 30 August I have had no signal.  When I try to ring out it says - No network connection.  I can't receive or send texts.  So thanks for your response but I'm left with no mobile phone contact & your FAQ don't cover the problem.

Sue

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5 (155 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by SueR33
2 weeks ago

Hi SueR33,

Thanks for your contact via private message. Following a network refresh I'd like you to now restart the handset.

I've noted your intermittent signal so rather than waiting for it to auto-connect, I'm going to recommend you manually search and select a network (Google how to do this if you're not sure). You're probably best trying to connect to Orange (see here for list of networks).

Try it now and if it's still not working then you must follow the steps mentioned here. Has this worked?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
Joining in
Message 5 of 5 (71 Views)

HI Rich

Thanks so much for this.  I've manually connected to Orange and it seems to be working and I can get roaming data now.  So fingers crossed this will continue to be ok.  Am a happy bunny again.

Cheers

Sue

0 Kudos