Menu
1506moir
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Roaming charges

Hi all,

Abroad at the moment and been stung of fortune, £1 a time by a number 00447958879890 which is clearly something to do with Virgin. Have tried the help desk, no help, surprise, surprise, so now looking here. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roaming charges

Virgin roaming text service
If you have a Virgin mobile, this number shows for any text messages sent while abroad. It is their messaging service number and is shown instead of the actual number the message was delivered to

0 Kudos
1506moir
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I did not send texts on the days I got charged.

Example been 5 charges against that number in the space of 5mins ata £1 a time. Stacked up over the month to just over £70.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 1506moir,

Thanks for taking the time to post. I'm very sorry to hear you've got extra charges on your bill.

Billing disputes is not not something we deal with via the forum but we can try and give as much advice as possible. Could you please answer the following questions:-

When was the last time you called the team?

What was the outcome of the call?

What country are you in?

Look forward to your response.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
1506moir
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, called twice now over in the last week got told it was correct, which it clearly is not if you look at the bill and was told someone would call me back, which they did not. Did insist on speaking to a supervisor, second time I called, was then left on hold for 5 mins and then cut off.

I'm currently working in Afghanistan.

I've been with Virgin for all my media and phone products for the last 10+, but i'm seriously considering leaving at the customer care outsourcing is shocking.

All help greatly appreciated.

Neil

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neil

Thanks for taking the time to get back in touch with us about this.

I understand that this was being looked at by the teams for you and they have left notes on the account supporting you in this situation.

For you to get the best resolution here, it would be fab if you could get back in touch with them on 789 or 0345 6000 789 where they would be able to check back in with the account notes and support you further with this. I have updated this dispute with the information you have supported us with on the forums.

Please keep us posted on how this goes for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos