Menu
Hayleyyr
Just browsing
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Roaming charge for calling Virgin

So I was on holiday and I bought an EU data pack but still couldn't access the internet. I went on my account on wifi and made sure roaming was enabled (which I had checked before going abroad but thought I would be triply sure) but still couldn't get it to work, tried all the troubleshooting and hard reboots with no luck. I was connected to networks fine and could receive calls and texts just not get online. So I phoned virgin to fix this, the operator told me that somehow my roaming had only been enabled for texts and calls not data although she could see I had purchased a euro pack and that she would fix that there and then for me.

I have since got home and found out I was charged £9 for phoning virgin to fix something that shouldn't have happened in the first place as I had enabled roaming on my account myself. Surely phoning your mobile operator should be free of charge regardless of where you are s chances are you are phoning because of an issue with your phone/account?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roaming charge for calling Virgin

Have you ring 789 and explained all of the above to them? They have the ability to credit your account.
0 Kudos