Menu
Frustrated31
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Roaming abroad

My data roaming is not working whilst abroad. I am currently in Ireland, switched everything on in my account before going away, tried all the available networks, switched my phone off and on and still nothing. In desperation spent time and money ringing from my hotel phone and was told they would need to switch data roaming on for me. They assured me it was now on and it would be available "by the end of the day". I have waited over 24 hours now...repeated all of the above...still no roaming. Very, very annoyed and frustrated. Customer service and website information is useless!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roaming abroad

Hi Frustrated31,

just a thought. Your phone may have a switch for data roaming in the settings on the device.
Possibly:

Android: settings > more settings (or more network settings) > mobile networks > data roaming ( green tick is on, no tick off)

IPhone: settings > mobile data > mobile data options > data roaming slider ( green on – grey off)

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Frustrated31
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but this option isn't available on my phone. I have a Sony Experia Aqua.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The option is on your phone just google Expedia Aqua roaming settings, it's the 3 rd option down shows it in full Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Frustrated31
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks... Found it...but it was already switched on. I remember now I found that before I left home! I've switched it off and back on again but still no joy :-S
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If it is the Republic won't you need an EU Travel Pass?

0 Kudos
Frustrated31
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes I do and yes I've already bought one...but I still can't use it...I will be looking for a full refund at this rate...
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

99.999% of data passes do not work. VM don't have the savvy to sort it out

VM can't provide a decent service in UK, so there is NO hope of anything abroad...

Search this site for 'roaming problems' and see the real truth....money wasted, and nothing more than frustration. Better to get an unlocked phone and buy a local sim card abroad...cheaper, better service and more chance of working than VM's apology for a service....

0 Kudos
Frustrated31
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, well I've now learnt that. I've only recently moved from EE after years with them and had no problem using my phone abroad before. I'm giving up on sorting this out now as I don't have the time, money or inclination to sort it out.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey Frustrated31,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message, I'm sad sad to read that the roaming hasn't been working well.

I would like to help and try bring this on but would need some information before doing this. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos