Menu
George2020
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Roaming Charges

I have just returned from the Dominican Republic and on checking my mobile account found two roaming texts to . I have queried these charges as I did not make the texts.

3 calls to Virgin Mobile to try and get to customer services. 2 routed to Philippines and one to Manchester. Response by call takers that they are legitimate charges to a UK mobile.

On checking the number via google, this site and others. Seems this is a common occurrence for virgin customers.

On one site it says this is Virgins central number for sending roaming texts, which then sends the text to the number that you want it to go to.

Is this correct ?  As told by call takers they could not trace this number for me.

Await your response with interest. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Roaming Charges

hove you checked the text message log to see if it was sent from your phone? it would show up if you had (on your web account as well - it cant be deleted from there it can from the phone.

text and call charges from outside the EU are hugh!
0 Kudos
George2020
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thanks there was nothing on my text message log.

Just showed up in my recent usage in my account.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi George2020, 

Welcome to the Community

Sorry to hear you have had some unexpected charges on your mobile bill. I was able to locate the account in question as can see you have spoken to members of the team already so apologies it still hasn't been resolved. 

I need to pass some security with you before I can look into this further so I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top right and I will sort this out for you.

Many Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos