JMichael
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Ridiculous Customer Service!

Hi all,

First post - so be gentle Smiley Wink

Will keep this as brief as possible....

I'm a Virgin Media and Mobile customer for around 6 years with a perfect payment history. I called them a few days ago to double check when my contract was up for renewal. I was passed to the upgrades team where I was informed was I was due an early upgrade as I was an "excellent customer". Fair enough I thought, I'll see what deals they have. I currently have the S3 and was contemplating moving onto the S5 or Z2......

Anyways, after being on hold for a few minutes the guy tells me "unfortunately, your only a C2 customer and in order to get one of those two phones, you need to be a C3. Can I tempt you with an S4?" What?!?! "What on earth does that mean" I said to him. "It's our in house credit scoring system and to get the top grade phones, you need to be a C3 so I will have to put a request in for you which takes 24/48hours". "So your telling me, a customer who will be on his fourth mobile contract with you coming up, who has never missed a payment and is a Media customer has to be "checked" in order to be allowed the luxury of getting a newer phone?" I said. "That's how it works Sir" he replied.

Feeling annoyed and rather insulted at this stupid Business tactic, I waited the 48 hours to the find out my request to become a "C3" is declined!!!!! And why is it declined? Apparently because I moved from a "C1" to a "C2" a month ago and you cannot move to a "C3" until you have made three good payments in a row! I've made over SEVENTY good payments in a row for Gods sake! Man, I've never heard of anything so stupid in my life! OK, maybe have a scoring system in house to maybe decide what grade a new customer would come in at after their initial credit check? But, an existing customer who has had three phones already and has other Virgin products too with a perfect payment history?!?

Anyone else had this? So, if I'm a good boy for two more months - I'm allowed a new Samsung phone! A JOKE! Think I'm going to change providers...

jack29
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ridiculous Customer Service!

Smiley Sad I really feel for you!! Virgin Mobile CS must be the worst I have ever dealt with. According to them my Son's date of Birth is a problem...ok he was born Feb 29th (leap year) but that's their reason for him not being able to upgrade....their system does not recognise his date of birth....oh dear I should have given birth on a different date.......absolute joke!! By the way I have spent 12 hours on the phone trying to sort this out!!

jimclarke
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 42
Flag for a moderator

What a nightmare for you : (

I too am a long standing customer, since the Nynex days, so as long as Virgin have been around really, always had the top grade packages...and Ive NEVER missed a single Direct Debit.....

Which is why I was rather shocked a year or so ago when they CUT MY HOME PHONE OFF!

Of course I assumed there was a fault. I didnt have a mobile then (only just bought one, from Virgin as well, this last fortnight) so I had to go to a friends house to borrow his to find out what was up...

They informed me that I had gone over some invisible limit on my phone bill (it WAS during a time when I was making a lot of international calls, so I can see why it may have been suspicious activity, to be fair, BUT they never mentioned the activity being strange, just that I had gone over some limit of £250 or so I think it was)) and instead of emailing me or calling to warn me,  even to ask me to pay up front (I would have happily)...they just cut my phone off without a word...

yes, this is for a customer that has never failed to pay, even when I had incurred high phone charges in the past....

I was pretty annoyed at this, and more so when it ended up taking a couple of weeks, if I remember, to get it switched back on! (bearing in mind this was my ONLY phone...like I say, Ive only just got a mobile, having not had one for 5 or more years...so it was actually a SERIOUS problem to have no phone at all for 2 weeks)

That was the only time I considered cancelling my Virgin service, I calmed down in the end and have been as happy as ever with them....

I dont mean to bad mouth them, I am a fully fledged fan boy of their service to be honest...but this event...so callous and impersonal, seemingly taking no account of a long standing and very expensive account (1000s and 1000s of pounds over the years if you add it up)....just BAM cut off like I had not paid or something....

I havent really thought of it since, but with your issue..Im actually a bit concerned that this incident may have effected MY customer service standing...what do you think?  It cant be that bad because they gave me a great deal on a top of the line Experia (I highly recommend it btw : P)just a couple of weeks ago...but I might have to call an ask lol : D

Other than that....really have no complaints though. Really never had a similar circumstance, and whenever the time comes for me to upgrade my package, they have always been very happy to discount me on account of my history with them...

But as you can imagine...at the time of the 'Cutting Off' incident, I was spitting with fury!

JMichael
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Jack - No upgrade because born on the 29th February?! Seriously, that's embarrassing! All the blame is on you! You should have ensured he was not born on that date you horrible person! Smiley Wink

Jim - Yeah, I hear what you are saying. Although I may have not spent "thousands" with them over the years like yourself, I have certainly spent a lot of money with them and never missed a single Direct Debit payment on Media or Mobile since when I joined back in 2008!

Up until now, I too have had no reason to complain. At the end of my contract each year, they have been more than helpful with me and offered me really good deals to keep my custom. I'm happy with the service I receive along with the price, so I would sign up again. Same with Media services. Almost left last year as was offered a cheaper deal with another supplier and they offered me a discounted rate instantly! I also got rid of my BT line rental recently and moved that over to Virgin too as they offered me a great rate for being a loyal customer!

Then, out of absolute nowhere - we get this C1, C2, C3, C57697608708 rubbish which means I'm not currently eligible for the higher spec phones at this moment and I have to make a further two good payments to make me a "C3"! I actually called the Retenions Team today to get a buy out figure on my contract (still un-certain what to do at moment) and when he asked me why I wanted to leave and I told him, he was amazed even more than I was! But, the "underwriters" have put this is place and there was nothing he could do he said. Like I have said - I have never heard of anything so stupid! Lets annoy and push our good customers away shall we?!?! DOH!

0 Kudos
HotLeadEnema
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 42
Flag for a moderator

It is to be expected with this joke of a firm, I would advise you just cancel all direct debits and use a decent more reputable company instead.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi JMichael

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had getting your upgrade.

I've sent you a PM so we can take a closer look into this for you - just reply to the PM if you have any questions Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
JMichael
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 42
Flag for a moderator

PM replied.

0 Kudos
JMichael
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Completed request that Mark_Y offered and still no contact from anyone. Had also sent an e-mail a day prior to his request - not a thing back! Why am I not surprised?!

Saying that, will only be the "you need to make two more good payment to be a C3" garbage anyways.....

The sooner this contract runs out, the better!

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 9 of 42
Flag for a moderator

This is what I mean, forum team members sending PM's to people asking them to fill forms then when they complete the form as requested they hear nothing.

I am currently waiting on an answer from forum team members and Virgin Media themselves.
0 Kudos
JMichael
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Don't hold your breath paperclip - can't see any response coming anytime soon to be honest.

To go along with my upgrade/fantastic customer service approach - I get notification the other day of ANOTHER price increase within my 24 month contract! Thankfully, come July when it comes into play - my contract should be all but done.

Seriously, this company are an absolute joke at the minute!