Menu
Sappermajor
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rewards on Virgin Media Sim Only

I used to have a pay as you go monthly bundle and got rewards.

Now I have a Virgin Media Sim Only Starter package and don't get rewards.  Is this right.?

Seems a pity as it was useful to get a discount on a new phone every couple of years, and I still need to buy the phones.

Any comments.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Rewards on Virgin Media Sim Only

sim onlys were never meant to get the rewards as that was always supposed to be a pay as you go exclusive,

But at the time virgins computer systems for rewards couldnt tell the difference between simo and pay as you go so unless you told the staff 9 times out of 10 youd get to use rewards when technically you werent meant to.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sappermajor,

Thanks for posting your query with us.

I've included a link here to our Pay as You go page. At the bottom of the page there are some FAQ's around top ups and rewards. It explains you would need to opt in to one of our big tariffs to gain the benefits of our rewards.

Have a read and get back to me if you have any further queries.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Sappermajor
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Stephen_B I know, that I was just having a moan.

I have been with Virgin Mobile for a long time since about 2001 I think,  and the Rewards were a nice bonus when it came to renewing a phone. I am sure I used to get rewards on my Direct Debit tariff and when I bought bundles.

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

sim onlys were never meant to get the rewards as that was always supposed to be a pay as you go exclusive,

But at the time virgins computer systems for rewards couldnt tell the difference between simo and pay as you go so unless you told the staff 9 times out of 10 youd get to use rewards when technically you werent meant to.

0 Kudos