Menu
Mairi_R
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Returning/exchanging a phone should not be this difficult

I moved to Virgin from 3 a few weeks and was initially delighted with my new Windows phone which I received on 21st April. However, despite our best efforts it proved to be impossible to connect to eduroam, the University WiFi system (I'm a member of staff). 

On Fri 28th April, I called Virgin to chat about this problem.  I spoke to a very helpful person who assured me that as this was within the 14 day period of receiving my phone, I could return it and once received by Virgin, I could call and discuss a replacement.  I was told to await a jiffy bag to return it in which I was told should be with me by early the following week.

On Wed 3rd May I called Virgin again to say I had not yet received my jiffy bag.  I was told it was likely the Monday bank holiday that was holding up the mail but that I should call again on Friday if I still did not have it.  I was assured there was no problem about the 14 day period.

On Fri 5th May, guess what.  No jiffy bag still.  I called again and was assured this would be sorted soon.  I was further assured there was no problem about the 14 day period.

On Tue 10th May - 12 days after my initial call - I called again, this time becoming extremely frustrated about the lack of progress with my return/exchange.  I was put through to a tech person who wanted to try and sort out the problem with accessing WiFi.  I explained this was not possible, as it is University security-related.  After being on hold several times, I was told someone would be calling me back within 24 hours and that I would receive an email.  Once again, I was assured there was no problem about the 14 day period.  22 hours later I have heard nothing either by phone or email.  I still have a phone which I have had for almost 3 weeks which is virtually unusable while at work.

This has been incredibly frustrating for me and I am beginning to regret my move to Virgin, whose customer service has been sadly lacking - at least thus far.  I am hoping that posting on this site might move things along when clearly several phone calls have failed.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Returning/exchanging a phone should not be this difficult

Hi Mairi_R,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry that you've had so much trouble with getting the phone returned. So we can look into this, are you able to let me know where you stand currently? I'll be able to make the next steps once I know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Mairi_R
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dear Mat

In desperation, I emailed Tom Mockridge's office yesterday and received a phone call this morning from a team member to apologise for this long delay in sorting this issue out.  He explained that this issue had not been dealt with properly by anyone I had already spoken to, but that he was ensuring that a returns envelope would be sent to me without any further delay.  Hopefully it will be with me tomorrow and I can finally return this phone. 

On the subject of a replacement phone, he said I could speak to the sales team immediately - there was apparently no need to wait until Virgin had received my current phone - to discuss a replacement phone, but I have not had an opportunity to do this yet. 

Perhaps you can confirm that this is now all in hand?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mairi_R,

I'll be happy to chase this up for you. I've sent a PM over your way.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos