Menu
Highlighted
Andynic83
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Return of handset within 14 day cooloff

I ordered a handset over the phone with virgin mobile but within the 14 day cool off period, I decided to return the handset intending to exchange for another.
On 2nd October I was told to expect a jiffy bag within 3-5 days, it never turned up...
On 11th October, I was told another jiffy bag would be sent to me, it never turned up...
On 18th October, I called AGAIN and spoke to a supervisor who said they would credit the line rental and double checked my address. They said the jiffy bag would definitely reach me within 3-5 days but, it never turned up...
My last call was made on 1st November and despite ecpressising my sincere dissatisfaction towards the service I received, i was told nothing could be done and the only way to resokve is to wait for the jiffy bag to turn up.

I've had the handset for 6 weeks now which has been boxed up during that time waiting to return.
It also appears that despite being promised a credit, line rental for the handset has debited my bank.

I've lost all faith in virgin mobile and now worry that this jiffy bag will never reach me leaving me with a phone I cannot used whilst costing me a lot of money.

I hope someone can intervene and provide me with some other solution to return the handset.
Maybe email me the return label and I will put my hand in my own pocket to purchase a jiffy bag suitable for the Return?
Or allow me to return the handset to a virgin mobile store locally?

If virgin mobile continue to fail to send me the jiffy bag then I can only assume they no longer want the handset back?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Heckleruk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Return of handset within 14 day cooloff

Takes them a week to reply... with that?

You'd be better of submitting a complaint to the ombudsmen, that costs VM money as they charge them a fee to investigate complaints.

Only by costing them money will this incompetent shower sort anything out.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andynic83

Welcome to our community forums.

Sorry for the delayed response to your question.

I do hope things have since been resolved and a jiffy bag has arrived and you've returned the handset.

If not let us know

Thanks,

Daniel_G - Forum Team

Need help swapping your SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM here. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Heckleruk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Takes them a week to reply... with that?

You'd be better of submitting a complaint to the ombudsmen, that costs VM money as they charge them a fee to investigate complaints.

Only by costing them money will this incompetent shower sort anything out.

0 Kudos
Andynic83
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I think that'll be the only way to resolve this.
I called them for a 5th time yesterday and was promised a phone call within 24 hrs but that didn't happen.
It's crazy, I don't know how after 5 phone calls they can't send a simple jiffy bag out - incompetence I suppose.
0 Kudos