Menu
khallam
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Requesting PAC but keeping contract with Virgin

Hello,

I an happy and want to stay with Virgin as my mobile supplier however is it possible to port my existing number to another contract?

Thanks

Keith

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Requesting PAC but keeping contract with Virgin

You should be able to phone VM on 789 and arrange a new contract for your existing account, If you don't want / need a new phone then consider one of the 30 day rolling contracts, so you are only committed for a month. Use your existing phone, SIM and number,You can leave at any time if you want to. These contracts just rollover month to month if you do nothing.

However to get the best deal it's usually best to select the "thinking of leaving us" option when you phone 789. Insist on a PAC. A PAC is valid for 30 days and you don't have to use it if you don't want to. VM will then pull out the stops to offer you a better deal to tempt you into staying. It's expensive to attract customers in the first place so customer retention is the top priority with all the mobile companies.

0 Kudos
khallam
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Thanks - forgot to say I have a year left on my current contract
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Khallam,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

If you have a year remaining on your contract and you wanted to port your number out, you would need to pay the remaining cost of your contract as porting the number out will mark your account for closure.

Sorry if this wasn't the answer you were looking for. Let me know if there's any other questions you may have.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos