Menu
ossifer
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Reported lost phone. Can't get written confirmation to make an insurance claim

I lost my phone in an aircraft whilst travelling (it fell through a gap into the innards of the plane, and can't be retrieved). I phoned VM as soon as I could to block the SIM and a couple of days later with the IMEI (after getting home and finding the box).

To be able to process an insurance claim (not with VM), i need written confirmation of when the SIM and IMEI were blocked, but seem to have a problem getting this. I've phoned on two occasions, a week apart, but I'm another week down the line without this, having been assured it will be done.

Is there a proper contact at VM that can do this for me, rather than waste more time phoning up, explaining again, waiting a week and finding nothing has been done?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reported lost phone. Can't get written confirmation to make an insurance claim

Hi ossifer

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch about the written confirmation you need from us.

Given the fact you need this as soon as possible it is best if you can get in touch with us regarding this by going to our Contact Us page and going to something else- make a complaint- email us.

The teams would be able to get back in touch with you with email confirmation from us confirming the information you need to process your insurance claim. Please be aware this can take up to 28 days to process as with all written requests from the company.

Good luck with the insurance claim and please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos