Menu
happy2016
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Replacement sim needed abroad

Hi

Have been searching online for hours but can't find the answer.

My partner is currently away and his sim card doesn't work. He is now without a working sim so is there anyway I can order a replacement sim? He has been with virgin for over 2 years on contract sim. He has tried using the sim in another phone too, but its showing 'insert sim'. It may have worn out?

I am due to join my partner on the 12th March in Portugal. As he away for work so would need his sim working.

As he can't call in, how can I order a replacement sim? I've now bought him a new phone too so the new sim should work fine. It needs to be a nano size.

Please get back to me soon as I can only coktact my partner through social media and this is a matter of urgency.

Many thanks

Ayesha
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement sim needed abroad

Hi happy2016,

you don't say whether your partners phone was previously working fine in Portugal.

Is roaming ON in his account and is international call baring OFF ?

Assuming the answer to all above is yes, he could try gently cleaning the contacts on the SIM card.

Failing that, I think it best if he is able to borrow a phone or use a payphone to call Virgin himself.
He will be required to give his password as well as mobile number.

Calling from abroad - Virgin mobile UK support line is +447953 967 967

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
happy2016
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

Yes it was working fine for 2 months. However sometimes while on a call got disconnected. He has tried the sim in another phone incase it was the phone and not the sim and it didn't work. He has tried cleaning it too. Still no luck.

And the answer to your questions is YES.

I understand he would need to provide the password and number, but as he doesn't have a working sim this isn't a option. Is there an email address he can request this too? Failing that I could try do a 3 way call so he can speak to Virgin Mobile. As ideally I would need the sim to take with me when I am visiting Portugal.

He would be prepared to provide me his password/number to get this resolved. Failing the above. As he paying for a contract he not using and he could be in Portugal another 3 months.

Please do let me know the best option.

Kind regards

Happy2016
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi happy2016.

I'm afraid that Virgin Mobile don't have an email address.

He could try the link here: Contact us > Mobile not working > Chat online.

But I don't know whether they deal with account specific issues.

Hence my first recommendation that he call the number I provided.

I think that it will be necessary to call himself rather than you due to data protection. 

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos