Menu
Deanlander
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Replacement Sim.

I am a new customer on pay monthly. Top left of my mobile screen it says 'no service'. I can use the phone for web access via my wifi ok. I called help support and they have sent me a new sim card. Simple instructions - If I have my old sim card text 'READY' to 789678. I can't do that because I have 'NO SERVICE'. No problem if you don't have your old sim, simply go to virginmobile.co.uk/activate and follow the simple instructions!!!!! I go to that site and all it says is -
"You'll need to activate it online by registering or logging into your account at virginmobile.co.uk/youraccount and select Plan and Device".  I click on "Plan and Device" and nowhere can I see anything remotely connected to activation or sim card. I have clicked on all the 'links' within "Plan and Device" - any help please otherwise it's back to 02 I go. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement Sim.

call them?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Deanlander,

the "Activate your SIM" link on the Plan and device page is only available in the first instance.

You won't be able to find it to activate your replacement SIM Smiley Sad

You will need to use another phone to call customer services on 0345 6000 789 and ask them to activate the SIM for you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Deanlander

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your SIM and activating the new one.

I just wanted to check if you've now been able to get this sorted and whether you're now up and running?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos