Menu
nicknsomerset
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Replacement SIM card

My wife and I both have mobiles on Virgin's Simply 8P Pay As You Go tariff - which I accept is no longer available to new customers.  My wife decided she wanted a new phone for her birthday and I have bought a new SIM free Samsung for her.  Her old phone has a standard SIM in it but the new phone needs a micro SIM.  When I called at the local Virgin store a few weeks ago, they told me that they could provide the new SIM and the phone number and credit balance would be transferred automatically.  However, when I called at the store today to get the new SIM, they could not actually do what I wanted - it seems their system won't allow them to issue a new multi-SIM on that account.  Is this correct and why not?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Replacement SIM card

Hi nicknsomerset,

I know from having asked myself that some stores will and some stores are unwilling to issue replacement SIM's.

I can't see any reason why the tariff that you're on should make any difference.

I'm on the Simply 8p tariff myself and I just trimmed my SIM down from mini (standard) to micro.

Otherwise give the team a call (free) on 789 and ask them to send you a replacement multi cut SIM.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi nicknsomerset,

I know from having asked myself that some stores will and some stores are unwilling to issue replacement SIM's.

I can't see any reason why the tariff that you're on should make any difference.

I'm on the Simply 8p tariff myself and I just trimmed my SIM down from mini (standard) to micro.

Otherwise give the team a call (free) on 789 and ask them to send you a replacement multi cut SIM.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi nicknsomerset,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that the shop you called into hasn't been able to issue a new SIM card for your wife's phone. It's great to see that AlexKid has been able to give you some great advice about this problem. Have you been able to get this sorted out?

If not, I can look into this for you, but I'll need to take more information from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos